Zidoo Z10pro contrast issue.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Aruuus, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Aruuus

Aruuus New Member

Hi.
    Looking at the marvel eternals and dune today, I noticed that the image is extremely dark. Out of curiosity, I watched the movies, raising the contrast in the image parameters to 40. On 77C1 Lg Oled the brightness increased significantly, they do not spoil the black and near blacks at all. Connecting the drive directly to the usb tv, I found that the 38-40 contrast setting matches the usb image. the default value of 32 is super dark.

Have you colleagues also noticed this or are you boosting the contrast?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This is caused by HDR and very well known. Above all OLED TV's suffer from this.
    The solution is increasing Contrast for HDR. It would be nice to have a separate default for HDR as subtitles get too bright then.

3. Aruuus

Aruuus New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    Maybe you know how much to increase the contrast to get the right image?

4. Nice Monkey

Impossible to say as it varies per TV and its many settings. But quite a bit.

5. Aruuus

Aruuus New Member

I understand. Now I know there is something to be done, and it is not my imagination. Thank you.

6. majorusa

majorusa New Member

Go to settings, Display, Color setting, HDMI range. There the default is Auto. Beside auto there are two walues 0-255 and 16-235. Put it on 16-235. It will solve the dark image issue.

7. Nice Monkey

It doesn't for sure. Mine is on it obviously.

8. Aruuus

Aruuus New Member

This is what it is set up from the beginning. the image was a little darker compared to the TV's built-in player. it was not a problem with the cut details in the blacks.