Zidoo x6 poor streaming and sound

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by quorumz, Oct 31, 2015.

1. quorumz

quorumz New Member

I just received the zidoo x6 with the 0.19 firmware. I am running plex client and kodi 15.2 with plex.
    with kodi when i use audio passthrough you hear constant my speakers "ticking"and with plex all series / movies stop playing after a moment when audio passthrough is enabled.

at this point cannot stream anything at all...

any help is appriciated

2. Goujam

Goujam Member

Not sure why they put firmware 0.19 on your box I believe the only released firmware is 0.15 the rest are beta's. Maybe try finding 0.15 and see if it helps. Passthrough works fine on mine in kodi I haven't got plex

3. Domengo

Domengo New Member

I have FW 0.16 and using plex too. No problem with audio passthrough ors stopping during BD, Dvd and series.mkv or mp4.
    I think 0.19 not ufficial fw....

4. quorumz

quorumz New Member

i will try to downgrade then tomorrow if possible

5. Domengo

Domengo New Member

Verify plex don't made the conversion a/v. Disable it

6. quorumz

quorumz New Member

I am not sure if i understand what you mean..

7. quorumz

quorumz New Member

when i download the 1.0.16 zip file, put it on usb and use a local update, it downloads the file, tries to update and fails right away. so cant seem to bring it back to 1.0.16.
    at this point the media player is worthless (damn i got a 2nd one shipped).. i wanted to get rid of all the hussle of android tv on my sony (and get dolby atmos working) but now.. it plays nothing

8. Domengo

Domengo New Member

9. quorumz

quorumz New Member

* Direct Play is on by default.
    * the player is checking hdmi connections constantly which give the "plop plop" on my onky receiver (in another thread i noticed someone else with the same issues
    * under video/advanced/experimental player I need to disable it otherwise i dont even have sound at all

* I found out, under plex -> movies with dts HD Master -> cannot play... (hickups audio/no audio)

The installed kodi 15.2 (removed the 15.1) from google market gives me constant audio hickups (the 15.1 did also) with every audio source I want to passthrough
    not sure how to get dts hd master / dolby atmos as passthrough ?
    * number of channels 7.1 (allthough atmos is 5.1.2)
    * enable passthrough enabled
    * dd (ac3) capable receiver enabled
    * dts capable receiver enabled
    * pretty much the same as plex (but kodi is wrecking the audio)
    (was one of the important reasons to buy this player)

so lots of mixed feeling

10. Goujam

Goujam Member

In kodi you need to enable dts-ma and truehd as well as DD and DTS. Also have you enabled HDMI passthrough in android setting

11. quorumz

quorumz New Member

yes in android hdmi passthrough is enabled
    i cannot find: In kodi you need to enable dts-ma and truehd as well as DD and DTS. (not on the same screen in 15.2)
    but in kodi 15.2 when audio passthrough is enabled audio stutters (like hdmi is checking all the time). when i disable it, it plays normal

looking at this player: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=227.0 they experience the same stutter issues when audio pass through is enabled

on kodi wiki page:
    DTS-HD and TrueHD are not shown in the Kodi settings.

The two connected devices must be able to successfully communicate their capabilities with one another via EDID/ELD.
    Note: Configuration of features such as HDMI CEC can affect the information contained in the EDID/ELD.

i saw hdmi cec issues mentioned before..

so looks to me there are some real issues here...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  12. Goujam

Goujam Member

I definitely have options in kodi for dts-ma and truehd. Are you using the zidoo version of kodi?

Did you buy your zidoo box new as I'm sure they won't be shipped with 0.19 firmware and it sounds like you don't have the zidoo kodi

The setting for kodi are on the wiki the table at the bottom shows the two options for dts-hd and truehd
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_settings

13. quorumz

quorumz New Member

no i have kodi updated with 15.2 release from google market (15.2 should support dts-h and trueHD)

I bought it at http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ZIDO...-2-0-4K-2K-H-265-KODI-3D---Silver-353626.html

(I have another one on the way through DX.com but not arrived yet)

14. Goujam

Goujam Member

I'm not sure the kodi in Google play will do HD audio as zidoo and rockchip did there own code to get it working. It maybe that the code has been added to mainstream but I'm not sure on that

15. quorumz

quorumz New Member

is zidoo's version's of the apk downloadable?

16. Goujam

Goujam Member

I'm sorry I don't know that hopefully someone from zidoo can help. Although they seem a but quiet lately hopefully busy working on uodates

17. couto27

couto27 Member Beta test group

You need to use the Zidoo customized Kodi 15.1 in firmware V1.0.16
    No point at all to report issues from a Kodi version that Zidoo team didn't optimized in firmware V1.0.16

I advise you to wait for the next public releaese or join the beta group, currently the beta group is on v.1.0.20 with KODI 15.2 and is working fine bluray 2D (Iso/mkv) with DTS-HD and TrueHD audio..
    All i can say is that autoframe rate works and HD audio has well

Please don't ask links for firmware, because the Beta test Group has specific rules about discussion details outside the Beta group.

No..
    You can do a factory restore settings to your X6 and you have the Zidoo custom version kodi 15.1.

18. couto27

couto27 Member Beta test group

If you restore the X6 pro factory settings what version do you have ?

19. quorumz

quorumz New Member

@couto27,

* factory reset is only the button or something?
    * even then, more people are complaining about the audio hisses/clicks through there receiver (it was under 15.1 and under 15.2)
    * as far as i have read the only optimization is being able to play hevc files, nothing related to audio

20. Goujam

Goujam Member

I'm not sure on the optimisations but the best way to solve a problem is to reset the box back to a known position and start again. Why your box is on 0.19 is strange and your best sticking with the zidoo kodi until you find a problem with it