Zidoo X20 Pro bricked

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by muzafferg, Jul 26, 2022.

1. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

There was a problem on my device. It was stuck on boot at opening and UP _ _ when pressed reset button.

I have tried to flash using the procedure below.

BPI-W2 new image :Burn OpenWRT with Linux kernel 4.4 2018-4-25 - Banana pi BPI-W2 / Image - banana pi single board computer open source project official forum BPI team (banana-pi.org)

There is problem with go ru command. When it is executed at hyperterminal , hypertrm gives "bad device usb" and "Loading "rescue.emmc.dtb" from USB failed." My USB device FAT32 formatted and 5 recovery files.

[​IMG]

Tried three different type of USB , brand, size, etc. and could not solve the problem. Tried with different formats such FAT32, FAT, NTFS, EXT3 and did not help.

There is nothing on vfd and it seems that the device does not feel any USB device.

Is it possible to help me.

[​IMG]

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I’m afk at the moment so can’t really help - but look at the web page linked from my recommended settings page - if USB is not booting you may have to use a network connection with U-Boot.

3. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

Thank you for your time to write a response.

My problem might be while formatting USB as FAT32. Is there any linux specific formatting method for USB.

RTD129X Unbrick (jjm2473.github.io)

There is statement in above link which I did not understand about partition. Do I have to split the partition USB into 4.

upload_2022-7-26_18-11-24.png

4. Markswift2003

No you don’t need multiple partitions - I had a similar problem with UBoot and USB with a Z9X and had to use a TFTP server rather than USB.

If you’ve tried 0:1, 0:2 etc and that doesn’t work I’d set up a TFTP server and try that..

5. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

All the other commands are available except "net" command in my connection. I could not arrange the IP addresses for ping success. Could you give me hint for LAN configuration to set-up a required IP address.
    Normally, for the host (TFTP server), I should enter 192.168.1.60 where the target IP adrress 192.168.1.51 for commuication.

But hypertrm screen, I see 192.168.100.2 for server and 198.168.100.1. I should change it ( I guess) because my modem local network address 192.168.1.1 but up to now I could not change the IP addresses.

Thank you.

6. Markswift2003

I’m not sure how you’d give the Z10 an IP address without the net command - you use net dhcp_client to grab an IP address using DHCP or net ifconfig to specify an address manually..

not sure where 192.168.100.x comes from but if you’re saying that the Zidoo has that IP subnet then I guess changing the subnet temporarily in the router is an idea.

7. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

I managed to give IP addresses to server and host using commands below.

env set ipaddr <IP address>
    env set serverip <TFTP server IP>
    env set tftpblocksize 1468
    tftp 0x01b00000 bluecore.audio
    tftp 0x03000000 emmc.uImage
    tftp 0x02100000 rescue.emmc.dtb
    tftp 0x02200000 rescue.root.emmc.cpio.gz_pad.img

All four files sent to device using TFTP. But the problem has not been solved. Problems;

1-) The device does not feel any USB

2-) There is nothing on vfd screen

3-) Realtek> booti
    Wrong Image Format for do_booti command
    ERROR: can't get kernel image!
    Not raw Image, Starting Decompress Image.gz...
    Error: Bad gzipped data
    Decompress FAIL!!

4-) Realtek> rtkfdt list
    libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC

Is it possible to give me a hint to check.

8. Markswift2003

Have you checked FWTABLE is valid?

9. Markswift2003

No, I don't think there is another way.

10. Markswift2003

I think you need @jjm2473 to help here!

11. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

I have sent the motherboard and it was repaired. Everything is fine now except the front display shows nothing. The front display shows nothing and dark although the settings are correct.
    I have checked the all the cable connections and it seems all of them are correct.
    Could you give me a hint about to solve the problem. Where should I look and what should I check.

12. Markswift2003

Only thing I can suggest is to make sure the connection between the motherboard and the display board is sound - there's nothing else really that can go wrong there...

13. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

Sir, thank you very much for your reply. One side was loosy and fixed. Now, it is working.

Markswift2003 likes this.