Zidoo X10 - annoying noise

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Paolo_TV, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Paolo_TV

Paolo_TV New Member

Hello to all,
    my new Zidoo X10 makes a annoying noise that you can hear when there is silence in the room and when the movies lower the sound. What can it depend on? is a manufacturing defect in you? How can I fix this?
    Hello to all, my new Zidoo X10 makes a annoying noise that you can hear when there is silence in the room and when the movies lower the sound. What can it depend on? is a manufacturing defect in you? How can I fix this?

Leaning the ear to the appliance, it seems to be the internal circuits, not the fan. But I'm not sure.

The hard drive is external.

Thanks

2. Davicom

Davicom Member

You can try to use optical audio if you have not particular audio request. I didn't believe it, but you sure that some HDMI cables (of bad quality) can cause serious problems. So, also, you can try with better HDMI cable.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

First of all place on anti vibration platform

Like a soft mouse mat etc
    Just in case its vibrating on the surface .

Make sure internal fan is off
    And visually inspect it is not spinning etc

And you can get arcing of electrical connections

Just have the power cable connected .
    And could be the power connections causing issue ?

4. Paolo_TV

Paolo_TV New Member

Thanks for answers Davicom and Delucas.

I turned off the fan (from the menu settings) and the main noise has ceased. So the cause was the fan.
    There is still a subtle noise, almost imperceptible similar to "electrical voltage".

Do you think it's a risk to use Zidoo always without a fan?
    The second question, that subtle noise I wrote above, you see it with your appliance?
    Thank you

Post scriptum
    About the possibility that residual noise is caused by power connections, there are few cables that come in a power strip (ciabatta). However I will try to connect it to a single socket.

5. Davicom

Davicom Member

Intersting thing, i am newby (some more expert will give you exactly answer) but i would not do playback without fan s support.
    My experience was like yours, indipendently single or multiple socket to attached zidoo s power.
    In the moment i have to use optical audio, for others reasons, but this isn't long term solution. I m waiting to try with new hdmi cable better shielded

6. Paolo_TV

Paolo_TV New Member

"In the moment i have to use optical audio, for others reasons, but this isn't long term solution. I m waiting to try with new hdmi cable better shielded"

Thanks, anyway the subtle noise comes directly from Zidoo and it do not come from speakers.

7. Davicom

Davicom Member

Sorry, i didn t understanf

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

from the box itself ? is it coil whine ? can you try different wall socket ? only heard about this problem once and it was the power brick