Zidoo Won't Boot

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Jeff Mendenhall, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Jeff Mendenhall

Jeff Mendenhall New Member

I recently purchased a Zidoo X9S. It booted up on initial install, but it's frequently crashing. After crashing it trys to boot up, gets to "Hello", and crashes again. The process keeps repeating. Turning it off then on and the reset button have no effect. Eventually it will boot up and hold for a while, but it's not dependable. Any ideas?

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

3. Jeff Mendenhall

I'll give it a shot.

4. Jeff Mendenhall

I tried a factory reset several times, The device would boot to "Hello" and hang. I finally unplugged, plugged in, and allowed it to go thru the boot process again. After 30 minutes it finally booted to usable condition. Now I'm afraid to use it.....

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

lol, use the damn thing, if it's still unstable may try a complete reflash, or send it to warranty

6. Jeff Mendenhall

I tried it last night and it crashed after about an hour of use. It went through the reboot cycle again for 30 minutes before finally booting up. Obviously the unit is unstable.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

8. Jeff Mendenhall

When I tried the Factory Reset, the Zidoo went to "Hello" on the device and nothing happened. I let it sit like that for over an hour without change. Is that normal? Is it supposed to reboot?

After turning it off and back on it went to the rebooting cycle; after about 30 minutes it finally booted up. Although the directions said all my loaded files would be wiped out by the Factory Reset everything was still there- nothing changed. Maybe I really didn't do a factory reset?

Does this sound like a defective product?

Witchdoctorgaz likes this.
  9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

do a reflash, what you describe is not a reflash

10. Jeff Mendenhall

I have not done a reflash yet; I guess that's the next step. Thanks for the patience and help!

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

box is acting strange, never seen something like that, reflash is my last recommendation

12. Jeff Mendenhall

I went to attempt a reflash of the box last night; a message on the screen suggested I try a firmware update. The update loaded, installed, and the X9S booted up immediately. I'll keep my fingers crossed; it seems stable at the moment. Maybe it just needed an update?

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sometimes firmware just gets corrupted for some reason , and box acts strange, it does not happen often but re-flash can be a fix 98% of the cases, it seems in your case the update "updated" the corrupted part ? i'm assuming you are talking about firmware 1.4.8

14. Jeff Mendenhall

Yes, the 1.4.8 update. I'll put the box thru the paces and find out!

15. Jeff Mendenhall

My box is still unstable. I haven't flashed it yet, but I will need to try that next. I thought maybe Kodi was the problem, but it's crashing in other aps as well now. Ugh.....

Is the v1.2.7 the best file to use or is there an update I should look for?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  16. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

If possible remove all apps that you may have added .
    As if it was new box .

They can add odd things etc

17. astons2

astons2 New Member

I also had similar problem, every app crashed...

Did you change some settings on openwrt and samba?
    If you did than reset openwrt settings to defaults with web interface.

18. spring

spring Guest

maybe you can check your power adapter, do you use the 12V3A? or do you have another power adapter to check it?

19. Jeff Mendenhall

Great thought- let me check into that.

20. Jeff Mendenhall

Thanks for the tip on the Power adapter; that seemed to solve my problem!!