ZIDOO - why is this forum flooded with SPAM?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by ursiel, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Why is Zidoo not cleaning out the SPAM in here? This is an embarrassment. Do they not care? Our questions are getting lost amongst all the garbage posts.

linhnth123 and bones7 like this.
  2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I report every spam and put the user on my ignore list.

linhnth123 likes this.
  3. McBluna

But you're right, for my website I've a filter plugin.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not that this forum has been flooded with Spam, it's just that not many people post here, so a couple of spams a day build up over time.

All the spam you saw on the first couple of pages were from October 2020 and go back to Aug 19.

I've been cleaning the forum of new spam on a daily basis since October/November so there has been no new stuff since then (except a few I might miss here and there) and hopefully those on the busy forums have noticed.

I've now deleted all the spam from the first few pages here and will continue deleting and banning the few spammers we get every day.

linhnth123, Mabon, videobruce and 4 others like this.
  5. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Don't get me wrong it's great you're deleting the spams, it must be time consuming for you. The thing I don't get is why Zidoo is not moving their fat ass and do something about it. That I DON'T GET IT. Unbelievable. They could implement some anti spam measures on it. No it's ok, lets have the forum flooded with spams.

6. McBluna

So I guess I don't have to report anymore :)

7. markswift2003_Test

markswift2003_Test New Member

My spam busting will have to wait a couple of days - my moderator account has crashed today and I doubt it'll be fixed over the next few days so I've had to create a new one with no privileges...

8. McBluna

Hey Mark, I'm sorry to hear this. You're a pillar of the community.

9. markswift2003_Test

markswift2003_Test New Member

Yeah, feels a bit odd - initially I thought the forum was down as I was getting a 500 error (odd I know) but then I deleted the site cookie and it all came alive again.

Now if I log in under my account I always get a 500 error, but either as a guest or with this account it works fine.

Anyway, I sent an email this afternoon, but no idea when they'll be able to fix it over the holidays.

I can still post though, so that's the main thing.

And that's extremely kind of you to say that! Thank you.

10. Markswift2003

Yay! All sorted :)

McBluna likes this.
  11. McBluna

But you've lost your staff member logo

12. Markswift2003

Never had a staff banner - Contributer and Beta Tester with side of Moderator ;)

13. McBluna

I'm pretty sure you had it yesterday.

14. Markswift2003

Maybe it flashed up while they were resetting me? No idea.. Just glad to be back!

15. VonMagnum

VonMagnum Member

I'm curious why in 2020 the site isn't secure (i.e. HTTPS)?

videobruce likes this.
  16. videobruce

videobruce Member

Interesting point. I never even noticed that.

From what I gathered, the Chinese are so corrupt with their industrial espionage grossly out of control with little or n regulation (correct me if I am wrong), either no one cares, or they are just to lazy to do anything about it.

I have probably reported hundreds of 'spam' posts in the past couple of years or so, but apparently up to a few months ago, the Moderator wasn't getting any support from Zidoo, so he gave up which I don't blame him.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  17. Markswift2003

I think he had lip sync issues :D

videobruce likes this.
  18. videobruce

videobruce Member

Typo corrected (damn spell checkers)

19. don

don New Member

because the zidoo store cheats so many buyers out of their money by shipping faulty units out and then makes massive charges to send out replacements.

people hate zidoo as a result.

20. videobruce

videobruce Member

Are you talking about buying direct from Zidoo?
    What country are you from?