@Zidoo: take care to resolve stuttering-bug

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Davicom, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Davicom

Davicom Member

Hi all, and hi Zidoo,

who like me uses zidoo principally to watching movies, he will agree: this bug (stuttering) undermine of zidoo's video playback fidelity, that was indisputable.

Personally i no longer used the Zidoo to watching movies. at the moment it is waiting for your new firmware, so please don't delay too much.

Very Thanks in advance

2. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

This has been discussed in many threads, including some detailed discussion of the timing, over on the x9s v2.0.5 firmware thread. I'm very frustrated by it. I've had the player for almost 2 weeks. If we don't hear anything back about this within my 30-day return policy, this player is going back.

3. Davicom

Davicom Member

Me too I'm very frustrated. But this is first time that zidoo (in my case) doesn't offer a good playback experience. I suppose it's also my fault that I have updated too carelessly to a beta version that is legitimate to contain some bugs

4. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

My x10 is not using the beta firmware - it's using the version it shipped with - v1.4.16. And it still has all the same issues with frame drops, banding, DVD aspect ratio problems, etc. - none of that is new. My x10 with v1.4.16 has all the same issues that the x9s with beta 2.0.5 had.

5. Davicom

Davicom Member

Ok, but I noted this important bug just after upgrade to beta version, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed similar shots during playback.
    Said this, this community is very active, and there are a lot of people that do not express themselves on the matter and I believe because they are not affected by these problems.

I remember an active member (in X10 forum) @domifer which reported these problems a while ago, @HaoSs advised a flash and after that quite, so I assume the situation resolved in that case. In short: I think the problem does not concern all the devices

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i use a x10, and a x9s every day to watch movies . trust me. if there was shutterin bug i would be the first one to knock on zidoo's door, PM me the full name of a movie you have problems with

7. Davicom

Davicom Member

Is not good to pass idea that there isn't stuttering-bug. I, like you, was among the lucky ones without any problems to playback, but now I have this problem.

There are lot of people with the same problem (between x9 and x10 forum) and I repeate, is not good, for me, for the community, for zidoo's devices and its developments.

Even in the precise and appreciable review of @OlivierQC is clearly said "About Frame Rate with UHD videos, it's very discreet and we do not see it all the time even if they are present, unless you prefer to focus on possible stuttering during a movie.

My collection contains only movies in 23.976 with a large majority of HD movie (MKV,ISO, etc..) and I do not have any problems and the stuttering on the UHD are very discreet, my family do not notice and I am focused on the story of the film so it's not a problem for me."

So it would be helpful by @zidoo to know how some devices are more affected than others by this bug and how to stem it.

8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi all,

The zidoo team does not need to answer and they have seen the many messages of ursiel.

Like HaoSs, i did not see any stuttering with my HD movies, i know what it is and i do not like it (I've seen enough on my old Minix, my old Himedia or my Egreat)
    and if there was on the zidoo I will be the first to say it but it is not the case, and I'm not the only one when we see the many people who are happy with their zidoo and they are not at their first multimedia box.

it's always the same people who have problems on different forums with their Zidoo, or who want new functions or who are never happy except with their old box which is better

Zidoo is working hard and i trust them.

Here is my opinion about my Zidoo and my daily use :
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-x10-review-updated-to-2-0-5.5596/page-7#post-36249

see you

9. Davicom

Davicom Member

Let me understand! If I have a problem with a purchased device I don't have right to report it? And manufacturer doesn't have courteous duty to answer with some tips? Well ;)

I quoted YOUR rewiew, in wich you were talking about some stutter...I'm confused o_O

10. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

There is a stuttering bug. It has been proven in the x9s v2.0.5 thread. There are regular frame drops. It is repeatable to the second. Not everyone notices.

11. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Many people don't notice when they are watching movies in the wrong aspect ratio, or when their TV is set to torch mode with motion smoothing on. Many couldn't tell the difference between DVD and blu-ray, or UHD for that matter. So when somebody says they don't notice something, I take that with a grain of salt. It has been proven that there are frame drops with this player.

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Davicom,

Yes with UHD movies (sometimes I notice one) as i said on my review and i do not see it with HD movies.

------

Hello ursiel

as you said, you talk about a problem that peoples do not see when they watch a movie, even with UHD movies.

you have no answer to your many messages but that does not mean that zidoo does not work on it.

see you

DELUCAS likes this.
  13. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Well for me $230 is a lot of money, especially for a player I currently don't use due to the issues I have mentioned. I'm very close at this point to just packing it back up and getting a refund, like I did with the x9s. If I knew they were taking this seriously, and looking into it, I might be more likely to hold onto it. But with nothing of any assurance from Zidoo, all I can assume is that since this player has been out for well over a year and still suffers from some critical playback issues and baffling lack of functionality, that it's likely these issues will not be addressed.

Frankly I'm amazed that this player has these issues so long after release.

14. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Frame drop and colour matching with UHD are big issues. I can confirm it does happen. Movies play flawlessly using MrMC on my Apple TV 4K (perfect colour matching and frame rate... just missing Dolby Atmos).

I need another media player for my second TV. If zidoo can iron out the problems I’ll buy an x10... if not it’ll probably be another Apple TV (if they add ATMOS support).

ursiel likes this.