Zidoo Poster Wall 720p? Why?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Sampinto89, May 4, 2020.

1. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Does anyone know why the Zidoo doesn't maintain the resolution chosen for the poster wall? For example, I chose to set my resolution to 1080p and selected "only frame rate", but every once in a while it reverts back to 720p for the poster wall. Is this a glitch or something? I believe this behavior is abnormal because it keeps the resolution on some reboots, but not others...

I wish Zidoo maintain 1080p as the lowest resolution for the poster wall or just maintain the resolution selected.

2. Cezary

Cezary Member

I have the same with Z1000. I set 4kp60 as my resolution (auto resolution and auto framerate on), but after some time with some reboots, the resolution goes to 1080p ...

3. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I wish they added a function to keep the poster wall at a certain resolution...

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Setting auto resolution and auto framerate on will normally work as intended but the menu including PW will follow the preference of the TV as a consequence via EDID.
    In my case the resolution can be set as a preference (preferred 1080P23) but the frame rate will always go at certain moment back to P60 (despite being set to P23).

Just forcing EDID OFF does the job, but that is not what is wanted neither. So I do accept the constant frame-rate switching with (almost) every movie played to P23 and back to P60 again when finished.

My TV also does an EDID (or other HDMI thingy) after being set to standby after 15 minutes. When listening to music (with the TV off) the connection is then lost for a few seconds (My AMP reconnects to my Z9S). The why escapes me totally but blamed it first on my Z9S.
    Also found out that changing the content on a running disc with Music Player playing using SMB Server (OpenWRT) to do so may cause my Z9S to hang and spontaneous reboot next. As both processes are unaware of each other a thing to keep in mind and not to blame the player for (as I did first).

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  5. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

I tried to set it at 108023 but the strobing effect of the refresh rate of the poster wall makes me want to throw up. lol

Luckily, 1080p 60 has been sticking for the poster-wall on pretty much all reboots so I will wait until we have a better solution.