Zidoo not shown movie menu

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Drummerboy1962, Feb 21, 2022.

1. I have copied a 92gb movie as iso with success and have it on my Zidoo, but the Zidoo freezes when trying to load the menu. All other movies show menu fine. Any ideas as to why.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Drummerboy1962 likes this.
  3. Ok thanks mate. The movie is "The Ten Commandments" which is a 1959 movie which has intermissions in it and all sorts of junk in there which really is not needed. Its a whole movie of 96GB. I might just copy the movie only with dvd fab. The first time i copied the movie with dvd fab i got an error in RED, so i ignored it and it continued to copy the movie and the menu worked but the movie froze because of the error. But i had the menu working. Unfortunately i had to delete it as at least 3 chapters were unwatchable at the end of the movie. Seems its either a working menu or a working movie. It is a very large file so can be expected but would be good to know if the problem lays with DVD FAB or the ZIDOO. I will be doing some more testing with that same movie with different software to find out. If i get to the bottom of it i will let you know.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I do have that same original movie both on 2 discs and 2 ISO's (73 GByte total).
    If you have it as a single ISO then it is definitely not a 1:1 copy as that format does not exist.

Checked the BD menu handling on those for you and can confirm it gets stuck for both discs.
    Next tried using my Dune Real Vision and these played fine. These discs have a multi-language BD menu which is a known problem for Zidoo to handle. No surprise for the why it gets stuck. This answering the original question. Zidoo may use these as examples for that specific BD Menu problem reported.

Great movie by the way and both ISO's played just fine playing Without Menu on Zidoo as a bypass. Since a long time use 2 brands myself: Egreat + Zidoo in the past and Dune + Egreat now.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  5. That’s good info mate.Nothing like a good challenge.:)