Zidoo DV playback mkv issue

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Fade, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Fade

Fade New Member

Hi,

Just had an issue with a MKV file with Dolby Vision that had:

Video: Color Matrix Coefficients = 9
    Video: Transfer Characteristics = 16
    Video: Color Primaries = 9

set in the mkv header. This caused the zidoo z9x and lg c1 to go bananas and the file wasn't recognized as DoVi (sent it out as HDR but with green/pink tint even though there was no HDR availible in the mkv), I removed these values from the header and it worked as it should afterwards.

So I wonder, faulty mkv creation or zidoo bug?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Probably a bit of both.

I assume you were testing a Profile 5 file from your description.

I tried the same on a DR device and a BPD device - the DR did as you describe (although in my case in SDR) and the BPD device recognised the file correctly.

I guess it's getting confused since on the face of it setting Colour Primaries to BT.2020 (9) and Transfer Characteristics to BT.2100 (16) defines HDR in WCG but not necessarily Dolby Vision so that must override other settings with an assumption of HDR10. Doesn't make sense that mine sees it as REC.709 but I assume there's something else missing - I only added those three header items.

That said, it's not a big issue - in all the years testing the DR range I've never come across a file with those values defined in the header so I wouldn't worry about it - good catch though.

The green/pink tint is due to the colour space (IPT) used by Profile 5.

3. Fade

Fade New Member

Hi,

Thanks Mark, I even learned something new here :)
    At least it's easy to fix if I would bump into it again.

Thanks again!