Zidoo 3000 newbie

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by John Thorley, Dec 2, 2021.

1. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

what the best way of loading files on hard drive in the zidoo

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

It depends of your network. You can use SMB to send files directly from your PC to the HDD of the Zidoo. Or you can use an external HDD to copy the files from the PC and then, plug in it to the Zidoo to transfer the files on the internal HDD in Media Center (hidden menu to the right to get the function copy, cut, paste...).

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I do use docking slots in my PC. Similar to those in a UHD3000. Just pop them in and out as needed. Occasionally (small changes) also use SMB with my player as SMB Server and the PC as SMB Client.

4. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

Nice Monkey
    i will try that i have a hard drive dock in the PC, do i need to put them in file format in Categories

5. Nice Monkey

As long as the HDD is formatted correctly you may put any file in any organization on it.

6. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

thaks Nice Monkey i will try that, it is a learning curve for me

7. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

whats the latest OTA firmware or do i need to update via USB

8. Nice Monkey

9. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

maybe a silly question how do you put zidoo in standby, i press off button on remote and i get power off directly or ask me on screen, and secondly when in standby can you have time showing or is it just blank

10. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

when i press off button i think i am pressing for too long, pop up menu only gives me only two options power off directly and ask me i have no standby off, have i missed something in setup

11. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

is there a way to get clock show time in standby

12. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I asked the same question when I got my UHD3000, the answer was, there really is no standby as understood by most media players. It really is total power off except for responding to a power on direction from your RC. A pity really but I suspect it would need a physical hardware mod to fix.

13. Nice Monkey

Indeed having an Analog Linear PSU it is On or Off.