ZIDOO 2600 Thread

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by DELUCAS, Jun 19, 2023.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

In like Flynn :D

DELUCAS likes this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Pmsl when there is an opening ………;)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

I just upgraded to one of these from a Z9X. I have a Onkyo RZ-800 amp which still sounds great but only has HDMI 2.0 and doesn’t support DV passthrough. I have the video output connected directly to my LG C2 OLED and the audio via the HDMI audio direct to the amp.

Imported my poster wall from my Z9X last night and initial impressions were good, playback over SMB of 4k DV content with Atmos was good and audio did seem to sound better too.

Then I started seeing major audio sync issues on some files (never had any with my Z9X) I pinned this down to files with DTS-HD Master and X audio tracks, just to be clear these same files played in perfect sync on the Z9X. The audio was as much as 1s behind the picture, stopping and resuming the file, changing the audio track whilst playing or restarting the amp will sometimes fix the sync and sometimes they will play correctly first time. I haven’t found a consistent way to fix the issue. This doesn’t happen with Dolby tracks inc. Atmos – they are always in sync, and if I change the output to PCM or select only to play the DTS core the files are in sync again – it only seems to effect DTS-Master audio.

I also tried some different HDMI setups – just one HDMI to the amp for audio and video, then from the amp to the display, but same issue. I was using a HDMI audio extractor with my Z9X which was working fine, but this also has the same issues again with the 2600.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? – looks like a firmware issue, but I haven’t seen any updates for this player yet

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
  5. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

Beta 1.0.48 update fixed the audio sync issues I was having with DTS-HD Master tracks, thanks - time for more testing... !

6. geebolt

geebolt Member

Thinking about getting a 2600. What was your reasoning in getting the 2600 over the 2000 pro? The extra ports?

7. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

My amp doesn't support DV passthrough so the HDMI audio only port was a feature I wanted

geebolt likes this.
  8. geebolt

geebolt Member

Another question if you don't mind. How wide and deep is the 2600?

9. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

312mm*430mm*72mm, full specs here:

zidoo.tv/Product/spec/model/Z2600/

10. geebolt

geebolt Member

Thanks, that's the size given for the UHD5000 which I thought was larger than the Z2000/Z2600. The Z1000 Pro is somewhat smaller and looks to be the same chassis as the 2600 so I was curious if those numbers were correct. At any rate, I just ordered a Z2600.

Thanks.

11. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

Actually just measured it, it's actaully 350 x 240 x 70 mm (approx) s0 info on site is wrong!

It's shaping up to be a decent player so far, HT4 still a bit buggy at times but playback is good - UHD material looks and sounds great, especially with DV

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  12. geebolt

geebolt Member

Thanks again for confirming. I suspected the specs as listed had to be wrong. Those dimensions you give are exactly what my Z1000 Pro measures.

13. trump2024

trump2024 New Member

Now that sync is fixed what do we think of the dedicated HDMI audio? Can people play multichannel PCM, FLAC and DSD via the HDMI audio out like the Eversolo DMP6 can from its HDMI audio out? I think Zidoo uses that same Music player app for your audio library?

14. Paul Mardis

Paul Mardis Member

Only on the UDP5000 which has the same DAC as the Eversolo and also has xlr outputs. The Z2600 does not have the same DAC nor the xlr outputs.