Zidoo 1000 Pro stays always on but no signal

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by tx2022, Jul 31, 2023.

1. tx2022

tx2022 New Member

Hello everybody,
    New to this forum, your help would be extremely appreciated.
    I have a Zidoo 1000 Pro for less than a year, worked flawlessly until yesterday, right now the start blue light is always on, no signal on my display, tried everything, reset, unplug, etc. no change.
    Is there anything I can do to get it back to the work state or is simply dead.
    Thank you !

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If it's completely unresponsive I think the first thing I'd try is this:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/DP[ld]wBS1nS3Deq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html

Make sure you follow the instructions EXACTLY.

The main points people (me included sometimes!) forget are format the USB stick to FAT32 and rename the file before you copy it to the the USB stick.

3. tx2022

tx2022 New Member

Thank you, I have tried it but I did not rename it (!) let me try again and will let you know.
    The USB is FAT btw.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Make sure it's FAT32 not just FAT.

5. tx2022

tx2022 New Member

OK, we'll do it, thanks !

6. tx2022

tx2022 New Member

Still not working....

7. tx2022

tx2022 New Member

And here we are :
    Since the player was still in warranty I have contacted Zidoo (Amazon apparently could not help....for a reason )
    After a couple of emails with the service dept at Zidoo I was told to remove the defective motherboard and ship it to them for repair !
    So I opened the box, remove as much as I could to get there but finally instead of eventually break something I decided to ship them the whole unit, approx $100 !
    Lesson learned !
    In the meantime I ordered a Dune one ( still have a previous Z9x in another setup) will see if this Dune last longer than this Zidoo ( which btw was used less than 100 hours !)
    Thank you Mark for your help !