ZDMC Matrix (v20) ?

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by Iriver, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

if you are just going to use the Kodi player, why spend $300 on this device when you can get a Kodi box that is meant for that for $40? The whole point of this media box is its own player. With its Dolby Vision support, HDR tone-mapping, and conversion as well as use with Projectors. Those are the reasons people buy this specific brand. if you're not using the Zidoo player then there are no other benefits of this box over a cheaper $40 box except the cheaper box will be better for Kodi......

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  2. Wots666

Wots666 New Member

I want to use the Zidoo player just for its Dolby Vision support and Kodi as front end.
    Many questions, no answers

3DBuff likes this.
  3. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Not sure what hte question is, but yes, ZDMC plays DV using the Zidoo internal player.

4. Wots666

Wots666 New Member

But not if the movie is in a rar archive, then Kodi uses its own internal player.
    The question is how to assign rar to external player i ZDMC.

5. LarryZ

LarryZ Member

You cannot play a videofile inside a rar file using the Zidoo player. Kodi can handle this with the virtual filesystem addon, but the Zidoo player does not know how to handle a rar file.
    Just try "Play using..." from the contextmenu in Kodi and choose ZidooPlayer. Then the Zidoo player will tell you, that the file cannot be played.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  6. Wots666

Wots666 New Member

thanks, then I know