ZDMC Crashes when playing media with ext player

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by BuzzLtYear, Aug 27, 2017.

1. BuzzLtYear

BuzzLtYear New Member

Since the last two updates ZDMC crashes each time I go to play any media in it.The external player continues to play after I cancel the pop up notice. I have to reopen ZDMC afterwards and select next item to play. Was occasional prior to latest update now its regular. Does this mean I need to flash unit altogether or go back 2 or more updates?

2. Baldo

Baldo New Member

I have the same problem.

3. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

I will test it.
    thanks

4. pivert31

pivert31 New Member

I have the same problem with firmware 1.4.12 and ZDMC 17.3.
    When I Play the first movie, no problem, when i try to play the second movie, i have a popup "ZDMC crash" but the movie continue to play with external player like BuzzLtYear.
    @bob have you found a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

5. dany76

dany76 New Member

me too

6. behemoth_kat

behemoth_kat New Member

The same here with ZDMC 17.3 and fw 1.4.12. But honestly problem time to time happens even with ZDMC 17.1 and 1.4.6, but since it was not every time i didn't report it.

Baldo likes this.
  7. mr starface

mr starface New Member

I get this problem as well with both zdmc and normall kodi, its the one thing preventing me using the box instead of my old nuc as its no good for the family to use if it crashes a great deal

8. BuzzLtYear

BuzzLtYear New Member

The problem was getting worse as no matter whether I use ZDMC or Kodi loaded via playstore it was crashing more frequently. So after I waited but did not receive any recommendations, I bit the bullet and reinstalled using posted img file my Zidoo OS. I then checked for updates etc. before installing latest ZDMC. I watched several hours of video yesterday without a single crash.I really only have 1 add on installed in ZDMC so I do not know if that was a part of the issue before but it seems fixed. Hope they will release zdmc based on 17.4 soon so the security issues identified by kodi developers are fixed :)

9. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

Exactly the same as on the X8 as reported here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/unfortunately-zdmc-has-stopped.5830/

I ended up going back to ZDMC 16.1 to get some stability. It looks like the problem affects all 'Krypton' builds of ZDMC.

10. dany76

dany76 New Member

Also 16.1

11. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

Are you stable on 16.1 but still with the 1.4.12 firmware?

12. BuzzLtYear

BuzzLtYear New Member

I am using latest image file published in the how to on the forum 1.4.12 and latest zdmc 17.3. I had an issue last night initially playing media but realized the video had changed from what I previously (1920 x 1080p) setup. After I reset video setting inside zdmc it was fine. Again watched a few hours of media without any crashes. Seems issue is related to handoff from zdmc to external player causing crash with certain video resolution settings. Just my opinion I am no expert.

13. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

That's exactly it and the same conclusion I came to in the post in the X8 forum. If you use the ZDMC/Kodi internal player it doesn't crash. Unfortunately it doesn't play 23.976 correctly - it rounds it up to 24 and you end up with micro stutters :(. It's also no good for 3D whereas the Zidoo player is excellent in all respects.

I would like to see Zidoo do one of two things (or maybe both!). Either fix ZDMC 17.x so that it doesn't crash whilst handing over to the external player or create or upgrade their own Home Theatre app to be comparable to Kodi. I think the first option would be easier for them :D

14. X8fan

X8fan Member

is this problem gone with ZDMC 17.4?

15. mr starface

mr starface New Member

No it is not and am getting extrememly frustrated with the whole thing, I have installed the latest versions of kodi and zdmc and pretty much every time I try to play a file I get the error message "Unfortunately Kodi/ZDMC has stopped", the film still plays but I am then thrown back to the home page.

At my wits end with this now, I could try resetting the whole untit back and updating/installing again but am loathe to do this unless absolutely necessary - has anyone tried this and it worked?

If I could play media without crashing would be perfect but as it stands feel like I have wasted my money!

16. mr starface

mr starface New Member

For some reason they all play without crashing on the home theatre app but the interface is not suitable for family viweing as its very clunky.

17. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

Hi,

In my case all I did was uninstall ZDMC 17.x and reinstall ZDMC 16.1 from a download. No need to fully reset the box or roll-back the firmware from 1.4.12. ZDMC 16.1 is stable for me with no crashes at all whilst using the external player.

The Movie Database (TMDB) Scraper doesn't work properly but you can install The Universal Movie Scraper (UMS) and change the configuration of that to actually scrape the info from The Movie Database ;).

16.1 doesn't properly pass through HD Music either but all the HD Audio formats for films (TrueHD/Atmos, DTS-HD MA + DTS:X) work perfectly.

Good luck!

JMP

18. mr starface

mr starface New Member

Thanks will give it a try - Do you lose any functionality by downgrading from zdmc 17.x to 16.1 though?

19. jmp1963

jmp1963 Member

No loss of functionality other than what I already said about TMDB scraper and HD Music. The default skin is Confluence (which I actually prefer) and the 'downgrade' to Kodi Jarvis but at least it is stable. The ZDMC internal player actually works better as well should you ever choose to use it.

20. BuzzLtYear

BuzzLtYear New Member

Update. So I am still using latest firmware and the latest still beta 17.4 ZDMC. Both are stable with no issues so long as I don't set my video above 1080p - if at auto or 4k (yes my tv is 4k) there are crash problems. Seems to confirm its hand off from kodi to the external player is the issue.

X8fan likes this.