ZDMC AC3/EAC3 audio problem

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by splinter1231, Sep 20, 2020.

1. splinter1231

splinter1231 New Member

Hello guys, I bought Zidoo Z9X and have problem with audio in ZDMC kodi.

When I play movie with AC3 or EAC3 audio output, every 10 second sound drops. This is only happened when I use default kodi player, but with zidoo player it's working correctly. I can use only default kodi player in StreamCinema plugin and this is the problem. I don't have any other option to use ziddo player in StreamCiname plugin, because when I choose ziddo player it's redirect me only to the main menu of ziddo player...

Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Thank you.

2. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Passthrough audio off?

3. splinter1231

splinter1231 New Member

I have passthrough enabled... (Prikladam ti moje nastavenia) - https://imgur.com/a/2i7gmWl,

4. Pikingem

Pikingem New Member

I have the same problem. Passthrough disabled helps, but 5.1 audio changes to 2.0.

5. ATROX

ATROX New Member

I have the same problem. Passthrough enabled.
    Zidoo Z10 Pro.
    Firmware 6.0.90_G
    The A/V receiver is very good. On MP 6.0 - no problem

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've check ZDMC on my Z9S and DD+ works.
    Screenshot_20210113-145343.png

20210113_145627.jpg

7. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I have the same problem on Zidoo Z10 Pro and ZDMC 18.9. When I play movie with EAC3 audio output, every 10 second sound drops
    When I turn off the sound transmission, DD Plus 5.1 becomes PCM 2.0

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  8. MARWAN ALAHMDY

MARWAN ALAHMDY New Member

I have the same problem on Zidoo Z9X Pro and ZDMC 18.9. When I play movie with EAC3 audio output, every 10 second sound drops
    When I turn off the sound transmission, DD Plus 5.1 becomes PCM 2.0

9. Hero24

Hero24 New Member

I have the same problem I tried the code 19 as they wrote in another look but it didn't help even after starting the movie ac-3 or e-ac 3 no sound. RAW transfer

10. little-endian

little-endian New Member

I recently encountered a similar issue with EAC3 which gets at least via S/PDIF transcoded to AC3 by the Z9x where I have random, short dropouts. However, with the internal media center player and not ZBMC. Do you happen to be still on the same firmware version which seemed to have worked for you two years ago, at least with the internal player or do you know which one you used?

Also, it is odd that the Z9X doesn't convert EAC3 to AC3 via HDMI. Even given the limitations of the regular decoding of TrueHD/DTS(-HD MA), etc. to stereo PCM only, there is no obvious reason why the transcoding result EAC3->AC3 isn't usable via HDMI as well and S/PDIF only.

Update: with a different source, also including EAC3, the issue hasn't occured yet so it might be not a general issue luckily after all. Will keep my posting updated after further testing.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  11. Peter Tiba

Peter Tiba New Member

I have almost same problem with the Z1000 Pro, just I haven't got any sound at all when I play EAC3. At the beginning I just hear a half second, but that's it. I tried everything, but it just doesn't work. I hope there will be something in the newest firmware which helps us.

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I have played many E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus) files on my Z1000Pro using ZDMC without any issues, with all previous and current firmware versions.
    It is most likely restrictions or incompatibility with that codec and your AVR/soundbar or TV/projector causing your audio issues. Check your hardware specs.
    Also try using RAW in audio Settings if your hardware is capable.

13. Peter Tiba

Peter Tiba New Member

Thank You, I will check everything. It has to be my fault.