Z9X Wifi / Wired Issue

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by RedBarchetta, Apr 24, 2022.

1. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta New Member

Hi all - The app on an iPhone won't recognize the unit unless it's in wifi. When I plug cat5 cable in back I can connect to everything on my NAS and network but phone won't recognize unit. Unplug cat 5 and use wi-fi all good, app recognizes the device and everything works fine. There's too much lag with 4K so I want to run wired if possible but can't figure out why the iphone app won't recognize the unit on my network. Any thoughts?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The only reason I can think of is different subnets between wired and wireless - you're not a on the guest network on your router are you?

I kind of think that's unlikely because guest networks usually use wireless isolation too, but just check the IP addresses you get on Wifi and wired...

3. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta New Member

Thanks. No, not using the guest wifi. I'll go in and try to manually add IP address and see if that works. Thx

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Possibly a duplicate IP address but unlikely if you're using DHCP.

Also I'd try a network discovery app on the phone to see if it sees the Zidoo IP address...

5. Tony Nguyen

Tony Nguyen New Member

I have a similar problem. I have a Zidoo Z10 Pro connected by ethernet to TP-Link wifi router, so I could get faster internet speeds. I needed better wifi coverage in house so added a TP-Link Deco M5 Mesh wifi, which meant I had to deactivate router wifi. I have a karaoke app on Z10 Pro, but also have a tablet app to control it (it has to be on same wifi network to work together). Because the Z10 Pro is connect to the router (ethernet) and the tablet app is connect to the D5 Mesh (wifi), they are on different DNS / DHCP servers. The tablet app does not see Z10 Pro app and does not work. If I connect Z10 Pro via wifi, everything works fine. Do anyone know how to configure so that the table app is on the "same" LAN? I am not am IT person so terms may be incorrectly used here.