Z9x suddenly defaults to 1080p

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by JohnG, Sep 23, 2023.

1. JohnG

JohnG Member

Suddenly, my Z9x has been opening files in 1080p, rather than upconverting to 4K. I've checked system settings and default is set to 3840x2160 23.98 (and 'locked'). I've updated firmware to 6.4.62, but the problem persists. Of course, I'm able to change the resolution to 4K by pressing the Resolution button on the remote control, but it's an additional step before a video plays. This bug showed up only 1 week ago, and I've made no changes to the Z9x. I'm hesitant to perform a factory reset, particularly if that means re-scrapping hundreds of titles on my server. Do any of you bright folks have a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Check your auto framerate setting - is it set to Resolution and Framerate?

3. JohnG

JohnG Member

BINGO! It was somehow set to "Match Framerate AND Resolution". Thank you, Markswift! Do any of you find that periodically some of the "Settings" change without your knowledge? Perhaps I've pressed some button or combination of buttons on the remote. This instance was definitely not a change I consciously made. Whew! Just saved me from the performing a factory reset.

Markswift2003 likes this.