Z9X: Screensaver does not kick in when media is paused

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by hranija, Oct 17, 2021.

?

Do you need screensaver to be activated when a movie is paused?

1. Yes, definitely

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No, I don't see any reason for that

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. I don't care

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. hranija

hranija New Member

Update: Fixed in the latest beta firmware v6.3.45

Hello, I like the Z9X a lot. The picture quality is amazing, the GUI is nice as well. That's why I prefer Zidoo over another similar boxes (Dune).

BUT there is one big flaw for me with the software. And that's missing screensaver when movie is paused. This is the first player where I miss this feature.

Why is this matter? Because I own OLED TV and as you may know, it does not like static images. Similar to plasma displays in the old days. Thus screensaver is not only a fancy word how to describe presentation of some nice image gallery, but it's something that may really save the screen (before burn-in).

It's been already discussed in different topics.

Please, does anybody know if the option to start screensaver when a movie is paused is planned in upcoming updates? Or this is something "unnecessary" and it's better to take a look on different box (just because of this "little thing")?

Also if anybody has the same issue and would like to see this feature, write here your request or like the post.

If there is a better place where to write feature request, I'd be grateful for the advice.

Thank you very much.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    mytich likes this.
  2. mytich

mytich Member

I totally second this request (although not yet owning a Zidoo, but soon I am getting my OLED tv and Z9X)

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I have the screensaver of my oled TV which is activated after a while

EDIT:
    ooups I made a mistake, I had a doubt and check what I said above and I was wrong.

as you say no screensaver when you put a movie on ''pause'' i got confused when i'm on the main page of Ht4.0

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  4. gcollins

gcollins New Member

I've noticed on my HDR10 files the screensaver seems never kicks in. And I have noticed on Dolby Vision files (all my media is HDR10 or DV) after 30 seconds or so of being paused the movie kicks you out to the main movie information screen rather than start a screensaver.

5. hranija

hranija New Member

Hi, may I ask what brand and model of OLED TV do you have?

I own LG CX and the internal screensaver works only for its native apps. In the others words does not kick in for external sources (like Zidoo connected via HDMI port). Screen content (including screensaver) is in hands of external source/player. Xbox has it, Nvidia Shield has it, Kodi has it, ...

Thank you.

6. OlivierQC

ooups I made a mistake, I had a doubt and check what I said above and I was wrong.

As you say no screensaver when you put a movie on ''pause'' i got confused when i'm on the main page of Ht4.0

Sorry

7. hranija

hranija New Member

:) And that's exactly the problem I have with Zidoo. This is the first time I'm concerned about burn-in. My first device which does not care.

I hope the fix will come soon. But don't know how to forward this to responsible people who can manage priority of this bug (or if you want "a missing feature").

8. OlivierQC

don't worry, someone is watching this forum.

then we have to see if they have the knowledge to solve it or if they want to do it, or.... etc...

I'll write it now before someone else does: they are very busy and give their best

mytich, hranija and muha like this.
  9. hranija

hranija New Member

Looks like Zidoo is working on this issue and added Screensaver for paused videos in the latest beta release. There is a bug that subtitles are shown over the Screensaver, but I'm sure they will fix it until the production release. Awesome, I like it! Thank you

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

There is another bug where when paused the system default screensaver is used, ignoring any third party screensaver app you may prefer.