Z9X Pro "Recently Added" selection suddenly reduced from extensive list to just 8 latest

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by hannay, Jan 10, 2024.

1. hannay

hannay New Member

I have just replaced my Zappiti 4K Midi with a Z9X Pro. I use it with:

1 x 6TB WD Passport ext USB HD with 2,500+ movies from year 2,000 to date.
    1 x 6TB WD Passport ext USB HD with earlier movies in folders by decade, + TV folder with shows in sub-folders, + Vintage Comedy folder with Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, etc in sub folders.

I only want a poster wall/library for the 2000-2024 movies/folder, am perfectly happy to access all else via the folder structure and just click a file to play - I don't need all the production inf for those, for me simple is beautiful!

It was important to me for ease of use to have a Recently Added selection like with the Zappiti, though I thought it had actually got that wrong and all mixed-up until realising that I needed to change the Sort Preference. Once I did that I instantly had all my most recent additions listed in reverse order going back a long way. I was greatly impressed by Z9X Pro's easy and speedy handling of what I needed to arrange.

PROBLEM - Just to tidy the Home Theatre front-page a little I deleted a couple of things that then seemed unnecessary, like the TV widget and a couple of things, though shortly afterwards noticed that when looking again at the Recently Added selection it now only showed 8 movies plus a tile that said "more" but that didn't fetch any further content when clicked.

I assume that something I deleted from the Home Page thinking I was just tidying it up, caused the sort to become restricted. But as I have absolutely zero experience/knowledge of using Zidoo/Z9X players I have no idea what might have caused this or how/if it can be restored!

So can someone who is more expert with Zidoo players and systems than I am - which is everybody! - can see my mistake, please let me have their advice/guidance to point me in the right direction and restore the larger Recently Added selection not just the most recent eight, I would be very appreciative ... I have already tried abandoning the one 6 TB drive's addition altogether and then re-adding it and scraping/matching again, but that didn't roll the clock back.

Hopefully this all sounds very logical and reversible to someone familiar with Zidoo-ways, however I would only be changing things blindly now if I took a shot at things so I hope someone can kindly help me undo my unintended tangle!

Thanks!!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's odd - not seen that before.

If you go to the "ALL" section, press the left arrow to get the slide out menu and go to "Recently Added" what do you see?

upload_2024-1-10_10-32-10.png

hannay likes this.
  3. hannay

hannay New Member

Hi Mark, thanks for the interest.

When I go ALL>RECENTLY ADDED I get a popup window of thumbnails for all films but rearranged in to Recently-Added order

And when I now go to the Recently-Added row across the Home Theatre front page, there are still just the first 8 showing plus the "Next" tile/button but now when I click on NEXT it takes me to exactly the same ALL>RECENTLY ADDED popup window with all the thumbnails alongside a list of the film names, and I can therefore browse recently-added films that way using those date-reordered thumbnails :))), just not on any Front Page handler as it should be :(((

So ... I can now find recent additions that way, but it would still be good if the front page R-A row was continuous again and not just showing the first 8 there .. can that be restored? I presume it should still be able to do that if a broken link or something is dealt with?

4. Markswift2003

Ok, but that's exactly how it works and has always worked - there are only ever 8 recently added on the front page plus a "More" button which takes you to the recently added poster wall.

5. hannay

hannay New Member

Thanks so much, Mark, for making me aware that this Is actually how it is supposed to function. I've been searching for a user manual online to help get to grips with its finer points, but have only ever found a couple of short .pdfs on isolated points/processes.

So happily it seems I have managed to get it set up the way I need it, and thanks for your help getting there!

All I need now is to rematch 200+ of the 2500 that weren't recognised initially.

I've used the same "MOVIES" drive as with the Zappiti with no changes, all movie files named etc to ensure easy identification via IMDB which therefore returned 100% correct results when scanned by Zapp. I'd therefore like to rescan in Zidoo using imdb to get the same complete result, and I have read comments here and there saying that Zidoo's scrape could be pointed via IMDB to achieve this but I can't find anywhere in settings to set IMDB as primary. I can find "Intelligent" and one other info source for getting posters/covers/cards, but so far no IMDB add-in.

As the drive/content is set up for IMDB to return a 100% ID success result I'd prefer to let it do that rather than work through those 200+ movie files manually, so I wonder if you might please be able to take one last minute and point me to where/how I can nominate/include IMDB as info/data source?

Thanks and every good wish!

6. Markswift2003

I'm afraid Zidoo only use TMDB for scraping (and TVDB, TVMaze)