Z9X Pro not Roon Ready?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Ctrl-Alt-Del, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del New Member

I have had a Zidoo Z9X before, but I replaced it by a Media PC. I used both of them as Roon Bridges and for watching TV and movies (Home Theater/KODI).

When I heard about the Z9X pro, I decided to return to Zidoo. It arrived today and everything works fine. But it is not recognized by my Roon core, running on a Synology NAS. While on the german Zidoo website it says, that the Zidoo Z9X pro is "Roon ready", it does not say so on the international site.

I am using firmware 1.0.48_G, which I think is the newest.

Is the Z9X Pro Roon ready? If not, will it ever become Roon ready?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Jut give them some time. Certification can only start after the model being available for testing and takes its time.

3. Ctrl-Alt-Del

Ctrl-Alt-Del New Member

Sure. In the meantime, I’m using a Raspberry Pi that I run additionally and have Ropieee installed on it. But it’s not really smart to use two units for what one alone could do.

4. GoldenRetroGames

GoldenRetroGames New Member

Any update on this? I just received my Pro and was disappointed to see I can't use it with Roon. It detects as an Airplay device and doesn't receive any audio. My previous Z9X worked great with Roon.

Is this expected to be fixed soon?

Ctrl-Alt-Del likes this.