Z9X Pro,FW1.0.60G,Multichannel audio conversion to stereo output often doesn't work

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by caocheng, Nov 6, 2023.

Tags:
  1. caocheng

caocheng New Member

Multichannel audio conversion to stereo output often doesn't work, sometimes it can return to normal after a reboot. Both the HDMI port and the SPIDF port are set to stereo output, or turning off HDMI output or turning off SPIDF output can't solve it.

2. Trgomes

Trgomes New Member

I'm also having the same problem, I need to restart these days. The last update was not fixed. Has any administrator discovered this bug yet?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What do you mean "sometimes it can return to normal"?

4. caocheng

caocheng New Member

Yes, sometimes it can play and successfully convert to stereo output. However, if you restart or modify a parameter in the settings, it may not work again, it's unstable. The chances of success are less than failure. It's almost unusable now, I can only choose to play videos with stereo tracks, otherwise there will be no sound.

When it fails to output stereo, it seems that there is some internal error. If you listen carefully, there is actually about 1 second of sound, and then it stops.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  5. Markswift2003

Not sure what you're doing when you "modify a parameter in the settings" but I've had Settings/Audio/HDMI Audio set to "LPCM 2 Channel" since yesterday and it's working fine.

I've restarted several times, hard rebooted several times and play various content and no issues at all - it always stays on "LPCM 2 Channel" and the audio plays.

6. caocheng

caocheng New Member

My current settings are: HDMI off, SPIDF decoding to stereo, can play stereo soundtracks, but no sound when playing multichannel, such as lpcm5.1 6.1, ac3, dts, dtshd, truehd etc. Occasionally, it can play after rebooting, but I never know when it will stop playing again

7. Markswift2003

It would have been helpful to know at the outset to state that you're using S/PDIF. I'm using HDMI.

8. caocheng

caocheng New Member

Similar issues have also occurred when using HDMI, such as multi-channel output with no sound, and even video stuttering and inability to play. However, the majority of the cases still involve no sound and video stuttering issues, which have not recurred later.