Z9X not matching framerate for 1080p content

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by renaropdalencar, Dec 22, 2023.

1. renaropdalencar

renaropdalencar New Member

Hi! I setup my Z9X yesterday for the first time, and it goes like this: Z9X -> Samsung Q990B Soundbar HDMI input -> Samsung S90C TV. I'm using a Synology DS218 NAS to feed movies to the Z9X through SMB. I'm using the match frame rate and resolution option, and the UI is at the auto 2160p 60Hz setting. I only use Remuxes when available for the movie, or a WEB-Rip when it's a digital only title, but no additional encoding whasoever from my part or the source. For 4K movies, everything works accordingly: both the resolution and framerate changes to match the content. But for 1080p movies, it doesn't matter if it's a Remux or Web-Rip, it doesn't matter the audio codec (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, LPCM, Dolby Digital, etc), only the resolution matches to 1080p, but the framerate never does. For 23.976/24 fps movies, the display stays at 60Hz, and for 25 fps movies (british and some asian content) it goes to 50Hz.

What can I do? I already updated to the most recent beta firmware available at the forum but nothing changed in that regard.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very simple - your EDID doesn't support it. It only supports 50/59/60Hz at 1080 (See attached report under "Short Video Block #1")

Very odd. Undoubtedly the soundbar screwing it up. They do that a lot.

If you send me your EDID directly connected to the TV I'll see if I can fix it.

Another option is to set Frame Rate Mode to Match Frame Rate Only.

Attached Files:

3. renaropdalencar

I see. Thank you for taking a look. Attached is the EDID when connected directly to the TV.

On a side note, when matching frame rate only, that means that the Z9X will upscale the content instead of the TV, right? Is the difference between the upscaling done by the TV and the Zidoo one actually perceivable? Any advantages/differences when using one or the other?

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  4. Markswift2003

Ok, try this loading this one:

https://mega.nz/file/YDw0iA6I#rSAsqeJ1khmRX5QsfLrpeTriaIbhWH5faEyTanYQwg8

(It's just possible that the soundbar actually doesn't support those resolution/refresh rates and in that case you'll be able to select them but get no picture. But I doubt it very much - I suspect it's just a bit crap at EDID wrangling)

Yes, Match Frame Rate only means the Z9X upscales and it's very good at it. I doubt you'd see any difference between the two and if I was to bet on it I'd say the Zidoo would be better.

I always use Match Frame Rate only and set the GUI to 4K23 to reduce resyncs.

5. renaropdalencar

The new EDID worked out perfectly, now all content matches perfectly. Thank you so much!

I tried setting the GUI to 4K23 but it made the UI feel kinda slugish for me. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Again, thank you!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

Hi I have a lg c2 connected to a Q990c soundbar and for 1080p I only have 50hz and 60hz all the others are missing how can I change my EDIT to add them. I also want to add support for HDR10+.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  7. Markswift2003

Use the one linked above.

8. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

This one doesn't support DV

9. Markswift2003

10. XiziX88

XiziX88 New Member

You are god!Everything works like a charm.

11. salvador acedo

salvador acedo New Member

Hola, tengo el mismo problema con LG C2 y Samsung 990b, pero no quiero soporte HDR+, este edid me funcionaría, saludos