Z9X no longer starting up

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Turicumo, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Turicumo

Turicumo New Member

I own a Z9X for about a year. Everything was working perfectly until some days ago.

Now I am no longer able to start the Z9X. Although it is power connected and the power switch is in the on position, the box does not turn on. There is also no red LED, the display of the box stays dark. There is also no output to the TV.

Turning on and off or pluging out and in again does not help.

Any tipps on how to revive the box?

2. JohnG

JohnG Member

Can you plug your power supply into another device to determine it is working? If the power supply (i.e. wall wart) is working, reconnect and try to turn on the Zidoo with the remote control (check batteries first). If basic troubleshooting doesn't cause it to "wake up", you might try a factory re-set. Before trying the factory reset, contact Zidoo tech support and open a troubleshooting "ticket". Please post your troubleshoot steps. They might help someone else down the line. Good Luck!

andyt1000 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Agree with John - sounds like a dead wall wart. Amazon is your friend here - look for a 12v dc 2A power supply.

4. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

A power supply from an external HDD (Seagate or WD) may also work ok, to test if you need a replacement.

5. Turicumo

Turicumo New Member

Ok, thanks already.
    When I plug it in and turn on the box, I can hear a low buzzing sound from the Z9X. So, some power seems to come to the box. But might not be enough.
    I will give this a try later. I should have a power supply from an external HDD somewhere.
    I will let you know if this solves the problem.

6. Turicumo

Turicumo New Member

I found a matching power supply from a LED strip. However this also does not bring my Z9x back to life. And the Z9X power supply does work with the LED strip. So, the power supply does not seem to be the root cause.
    So I probably need to contact Zidoo tech support... Is this beeing done by email? I only found a support email address, is this the way to go?

7. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

what is the rating on the power supply you used? If it is low amperage, it (and your potentially failing Zidoo one) could still have enough (low) power for the LED lights but not be enough to be useful on the Z9X.
    You really need 2Amps but 1.5Amps may work with nothing else attached.

8. Turicumo

Turicumo New Member

The power supply I tried, has the exact same rating. 12V 2Amps. But the Z9x display stays dark, not even the red LED lights up. I can only hear a low buzzing sound, once I turn on the power switch on the back of the Z9x, if I listen carefully. (Same as with the original power supply) I also tried a different power outlet, just to rule that out.

9. Turicumo

Turicumo New Member

So, I contacted Zidoo support. They recommended to try to flash the box, but this did not work. I think also the USB port have no power. Zidoo support now suspects an issue with the motherboard.
    As I bought the Zidoo Z9x through Amazon they offered me to return it and get a full refund. (as there is no stock for a replacement)