Z9X How to read posters files etc in the Movie Folder

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Lucien, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Lucien

Lucien Member

Hi
    My movies are on a NAS
    I edit some scrapping informations with TinyMediaManager and it does write the data into the folder of the movies.
    But when I go to the poster wall, I do not see the new pictures/modifications...
    So I would like to know how to tell the Z9X to read those data into the folder of the movie, is this possible ?
    Otherwise, where to change/write say the Fanart to be displayed next time on the Poster wall ?
    Here is the content of a Movie folder :

Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan.2023.mkv
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan.2023.nfo
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan.2023-clearlogo.png
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan.2023-fanart.jpg
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan.2023-keyart.jpg
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan.2023-poster.jpg

Thanks for your help

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You need to update the posters in HT4 that have changed. This doesn't happen automatically.

There are two ways to do this.

Assuming you have local NFO/artwork for all your movies, you can either clear the database in HT4 Library settings or just remove a source and rescrape (making sure local NFO and local art are selected in Preferences). This is useful if you have changed a lot of posters.

Or you can just update the art for each movie you've changed individually - just hit the menu button and select "Change Image". The first one shown is the local image, identified by a little hard disc symbol in the top right corner.

3. Lucien

Lucien Member

Great ! Thank you for this (second) solution :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Lucien

Lucien Member

But what about the .nfo ? TinyMediaManager find film descriptions way more complete, so I would like to use this too from time to time for some movies. Can I do it easily ?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  5. Markswift2003

Yeah this is where HT falls over.

It can't be done unless you clear the matching data for the whole source. You can't individually refresh movie details for NFO scans.

You can for online scans (there's a "refresh Metadata" option ) but not NFO scans.

It's a PITA.

There are a few ways to do it, but the easiest is to go to Sources, select the Source, press <menu> and select "Clean up"

upload_2023-10-23_12-37-47.png

Once the Source is cleared, simply rescan.

Obviously make sure you have all your NFO and artwork all present and correct first.

6. Lucien

Lucien Member

Thank you for your help again !
    Could you tell me where the Z9X store the .nfo it use for displaying informations on the screen ?
    Maybe I could overwrite this .nfo with the new one ?

7. Markswift2003

In the movie folder, the same as TMM.

8. Lucien

Lucien Member

TMM ?

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Lucien likes this.
  10. Lucien

Lucien Member

My Z9X internal folder is empty ... \\192.168.1.4\Share\Storage\Movies

And in my SSD with my films/series collection, I have a Movies folder but with only one folder, ".thumbnails" containing only one 36 bytes files : .database_uuid...

11. Markswift2003

No - If you export NFOs from HT4 they are put into the same folder as the movie - the same as TMM does.

upload_2023-10-24_18-3-51.png

12. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

I have my movies on my NAS and taking the example-movie of the first post every folder looks like this:

Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan_2023.mkv
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan_2023.nfo
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan_2023.trailer.mp4
    folder.jpg
    fanart.jpg

Everything works so far but scraping those not take the local images. If I want to change to my local folder image I can select "Change Image" but then I don´t see the local image as described above, I only see the online images (from imdb, fanart, ...). If I want to use my local stored "folder.jpg" I have to search the long way to the right movie folder on my NAS and then select the folder.jpg from the movie which is very uncomfortable. Do I have to rename all my folder.jpg / fanart.jpg to get it shown as first image in "Change Image"-menu?

Like this:

Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan_2023-poster.jpg
    Derniere.Nuit.a.Milan_2023-fanart.jpg

13. Markswift2003

Yes, exactly that!

Be careful, but if you want to automate it you could do it with a batch file.

This should work if you put it in the movie folder it will rename all files called folder.jpg and fanart.jpg to MovieName-poster.jpg and MovieName-fanart.jpg (where MovieName is the name of the .mkv file in the same folder) recursively.

Assumes all your content is MKV so if that's not the case, for example, if all movie folders have NFOs you could change all references to "mkv" to "nfo" etc.

Code:

@echo off
    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

for /r %%i in (*.mkv) do (
        set "mkv=%%~ni"
        for %%j in ("%%~dpi\folder.jpg") do (
            if exist "%%~j" (
                set "jpg=%%~nj"
                ren "%%~j" "!mkv!-poster.jpg"
            )
        )

for %%k in ("%%~dpi\fanart.jpg") do (
            if exist "%%~k" (
                set "jpg=%%~nk"
                ren "%%~k" "!mkv!-fanart.jpg"
            )
        )
    )

endlocal

I tested this here and it works, but I suggest you test on a small test batch in a separate folder first!!!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    fsim2000 likes this.
  14. fsim2000

fsim2000 New Member

Thanks a lot @Markswift2003, this worked! Have a Zidoo 1000 Pro since the beginning and didn´t know how to rename the folder-images lol... :p will try to rename them all now.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Fantastic!!