Z9X freezes on shutdown

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Mindless Drone, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Mindless Drone

Mindless Drone New Member

So I just got a Z9X and getting it all setup. I noticed that if I set the power button to shut down the Z9X freezes in a shutdown "loop" and never shuts down. I eventually have to turn the switch off and restart it. It does this every time. Restart works fine and standby works fine but it wont shut off. I have nothing hooked up directly to unit it uses a NAS.

Also yesterday the Z9X locked up for a second and then did not recognize my NAS. I had to re-attach it and reload all my movies.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Definitely not normal behaviour!

What firmware are you on? If not the latest, that's the first thing I'd do.

Either enable betas on the update page and download from there or install this from USB (do not unzip):

http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/Z9X/ota/Z9X_P_v6.4.42_202210171829_ota-package.zip

If that doesn't fix it, a factory reset.

The NAS thing - you're not using DHCP are you?

3. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I can confirm that. Same behaviour in my case but not on every shutdown. Sometimes the system is shutting down/crashing also within an app.

The new firmware 6.4.60 comes up with system stability. I don't know what it is exactly but maybe that is fixed now. I already installed and observing it.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Honestly never seen this behaviour and I hammer the hell out of my test device.

5. Noizeemama

Noizeemama New Member

September of 2023. I'm also experiencing random freeze ups on shutdown. Seems to happen when it can't read a file...an ISO file that it read before. It just sits and spins on "Shutting down..." but never actually does so. I fear losing everything since I don't have a backup large enough to house it yet. I know, bad on me. I'm in one of these spins right now and I know that when I boot up, it will at least think it has nothing on the drive. Hopefully I can get it all to come back up again.

6. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Same is happening to me. Most of the times when I press shutdown, it starts a loop of reboots