Z9X does not play large .mkv video files anymore

Discussion in 'other' started by Carlos Niño, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Carlos Niño

Carlos Niño New Member

Hi,

My Zidoo Z9X used to play ALL .mkv files and basically ALL types of video files except for some strange coding in some old .avi files.
    The problem is that now it does not play any mkv file or any file larger than 1,5Gb. The device¡s firmware is up to date and I have not made any changes in it. The files were played from a Synology DS216 NAS hat I recently upgraded to a DS218 NAS. The two NAS are basically the same but with some small added features and speed improvements for the DS218.
    All video files play perfectly from the NAS with the VLC player installed on all Mac and Windows computers in the house.
    Is there an issue about this in the Zidoo Z9X's new firmware?

Thank in advance.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, no issue at all - what happens if you try to play a file?

3. Carlos Niño

Carlos Niño New Member

It says "Can't play video file"

4. Markswift2003

Ok - that's really odd - can you post an example file?

5. Carlos Niño

Carlos Niño New Member

What do you mean by example file?

Also, do you know if there is an issue with AAC audio coding in files larger than 2Gb?

6. Markswift2003

An example file to test.

No, again, no issue with file sizes at all.

7. Carlos Niño

Carlos Niño New Member

I do not know how or why the Z9X now reads and plays all the files it did not before I turned it Off ---->On yesterday (I live in Spain). I did not touch a single thing and I actually converted a video file twice to have the original H.264 MKV with AAC audio, a second H.264 MKV with AC3 audio and a third H.264 MKV with MP3 audio and the device failed to play any of them. But now it plays all of them. If it actually updated itself with any software it did not tell me it needed a reset (reboot).
    Anyway, thank you very much for your help. If it fails to play again I'll come back with sample files that I'll have to crop since the original files are, at least, 2,5Gb.

All the best,

Carlos

8. Markswift2003

Probably the player app crashed - the old adage of "Turn it off and on again" holds as true today as it did 30 years ago!