Z9X - Display Settings Won't Save

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by illmatic077, Mar 15, 2022.

1. illmatic077

illmatic077 New Member

Hello All,

I am a very new Zidoo Z9x user coming from the Shield and am loving the product so far (besides the one issue in the subject).

I have a Sony A8H OLED with a SONY ST5000 Soundbar. I set HDR to LLDV and Display to 3160x2180 23hz. After turning off/restarting the Zidoo always defaults back to 3160x2160P 60hz(automatic) and HDR mode automatic.

I can not get LLDV and the 23hz to stick. Any ideas?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's probably because the TV and Soundbar are not powered and the EDID from the TV is not getting through to the Z9X in time during boot.

The soundbar has its own EDID which will not include LLDV (that has to come from the display) so the Zidoo sees that LLDV is not supported so reverts, correctly, to its automatic setting.

To mitigate this you can do two things:

1. Make sure both the TV and soundbar are fully powered and booted before switching on the Z9X

2. When you have all devices booted and LLDV is working, save the EDID (Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID) to a file and then enable Custom EDID and load it back into a custom slot in the Zidoo (Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Upload EDID). This then means that the combined soundbar/TV EDID is always available to the Zidoo regardless of the state of the devices themselves.

3. illmatic077

illmatic077 New Member

Thank you for the response. I use the harmony to power all 3 and have the zidoo on “always on” as i have a HDD plugged into it always, so i’ll have to go with option 2.

4. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Also, don't forget to "Lock Resolution" on the Resolution settings screen.

5. illmatic077

illmatic077 New Member

When I used Lock Resolution I was having issues that videos wouldn't play. Do you all have lock resolution on?

6. illmatic077

illmatic077 New Member

The #2 suggestion worked perfectly! Thank you so much. And the Lock Resolution also worked now. Is this preferred on?

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Resolution 2160p/23,
    Lock Resolution = on, and
    Match framerate only