Z9X crash while watching media

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by boxerfan, Dec 5, 2020.

1. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

New problem started these couple of days. While watching a TV show or movie, the Z9X will crash dead. So far it has happened 4 times at different intervals.

Front panel will show playback time, AND the power off red LED comes on. Unit will not respond to App or Remote Control buttons (except for power button - which will boot up the box). TV will show grey screen. Never seen this before.

Seems to be a “panic” halt type scenario.

If any logs needed, let me know where to get them. I plan to hard reset if it happens too often.

Attached Files:

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If this is happening on files that would previously work ok then I think I'd first do a factory reset and then reload the USB firmware using the emergency flash procedure then update to the latest OTA firmware.

Looks like something has just gone mad in the code somewhere somewhere, particularly since it's not fatal.. Not quite HCF hopefully ;)

3. boxerfan

boxerfan Active Member

Thank you. I just completed the factory reset, and reconfigured the box. Will monitor.

Hopefully it’s just a one off...