Z9S Illegal Authorised

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by UpTheIron, Feb 22, 2024.

1. UpTheIron

UpTheIron New Member

Hi Folks,

I've just bought a second hand Z9S from a private seller that I believe to be trustworthy however I'm getting the dreaded "Illegal Authorised" error as soon as the box gets internet connectivity.

I've re-imaged from USB and get the same error, also get the same error following an update to the latest firmware.

Is there anything I can do other than email service@zidoo.tv and hope that they will add the MAC to the database? If I can't get it to work I'll be returning it and getting my money back but I'd rather having a working Z9S (already got two other Zidoo's, no such issues with those!)

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If it's a genuine Z9S and not a clone, then I suspect it's been bricked and then unbricked - nothing wrong in that and it doesn't affect performance or longevity, but you have to reassign the MAC address in the process and that probably wasn't done (it chooses a random one by default).

Other than connecting with a UART and changing the MAC address to a valid one (that you don't know!) the only option is to email service@zidoo.tv.

Or send it back.

3. UpTheIron

UpTheIron New Member

Cheers. It looks genuine (I have another that I've had a while and they appear identical), the MAC reported in the OS is the same as on the sticker on the unit.

I've emailed Zidoo already so hopefully that will get a result. The chap I bought it from is willing to refund and has also gone back to the store he purchased from.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok - that's weird - that shouldn't happen...