Z20 Pro unusable after a while

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Albaintor, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Max B

Max B New Member

Now I have checked all my private home videos files that are lagging, picture and sound is out of sync, and discovered that this happens when the videos are recorded in a different fram rate than 25fps. If it’s recorded in 50fps for instance it lags. Why is that? And do anyone know if any setting can fix this?

2. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

Try this, it helps with jerky video playback and may also help with sync issues...
    In the settings, under Playback, set the Auto Frame Rate to 'Frame Rate Mode = 'Match Frame Rate Only" (I also have Frame Rate pause set to 5 seconds)

I noticed however that if there is any on screen display from the player (play button/pause button, FF, RW, etc...) on the screen, jerky video will still happen (even with subtitles to a lesser degree).
    If there is just video on the screen with no player buttons, playback is smooth.

Those settings work for me but most of my video is along the 29.97/30/60/59.97fps line... Also I am only using kodi, I dont like HT4 and dont use it.

Max B likes this.
  3. Max B

Max B New Member

Thank you for your advice! I really appricate you taking the time. It still doesn’t work though. The lag is still there. It makes so frustrated. Should this really be happening?!

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you provide a sample?

Max B likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sample file...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ie if its an mkv file use a tool like MKVToolNix to cut it down to smaller size

Max B likes this.
  7. Max B

Max B New Member

Thank you for your reply. It is an mp4 file like all other files I have. But every file that is filmed in another frame rate than 25fps is lagging.

8. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

I dont know about HT, I never use it, but in kodi you can set the audio sync

9. Kurt7

Kurt7 Member

Has anyone tested the latest 1.0.75 build for these stability issues?
    Did it fix it, or make it any better?

Can you play several movies in a row without the zidoo locking up and having to reboot it?

I have looked around but still am not sure if I can downgrade the firmware to an older build if 1.0.75 is worse (as far as the stability is concerned) so I am hesitant to install it