z20 Pro - Can't get to recovery

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by kingsleyadam, Feb 2, 2024.

1. kingsleyadam

kingsleyadam New Member

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. I can't seem to get into the recovery of the z20 Pro. I've got beta firmware but I want to revert to the last stable. The only way to do that seems to be via recovery.

When I hold the reset button and boot the z20 pro up I just get the Zidoo logo on the screen. It never goes into recovery.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...feq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

3. kingsleyadam

kingsleyadam New Member

I followed that guide to the letter. Still nothing. Just seems to get frozen. I’ve let it sit for 30 minutes with no changes.

Stop/Start bring it back to the normal user interface again still on the old version.

4. Markswift2003

Formatted to FAT32?

Renamed file to install.img?

5. kingsleyadam

kingsleyadam New Member

Yep, although I only have a MacBookand had to format it to FAT.

6. kingsleyadam

kingsleyadam New Member

I also couldn’t get the recovery screen without the USB, shouldn’t that also work?

7. Markswift2003

FAT isn't FAT32.

8. Markswift2003

No - how else would you get the recovery image in there?

9. kingsleyadam

kingsleyadam New Member

To get to the Android recovery screen which provides options like reset to factory defaults.

I managed to get a Windows machine running, formatted the drive to FAT32 (confirmed) and it still doesn't work. I see the word `UP...` on the display of the z20 Pro, Followed by `Hello`. It's stuck on `Hello` and just shows the Ziggo logo on the TV.

10. Markswift2003

Not sure what you're doing, but in order to use the recovery image you have to follow these instructions TO THE LETTER.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...feq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

11. kingsleyadam

kingsleyadam New Member

Finally came back to this. I used a USB 2.0 smaller USB drive and with that it worked. So if anybody else has these issues do not use USB 3.0 drive. My USB 3.0 was 32gb, the USB 2.0 drive that worked was 4gb.