Z1000 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hope so cos I'm getting mine within the hour or so Parcelforce's tracking says :)

2. Trimonium

Trimonium New Member

Got this now 3-4 times.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've discovered a massive problem - not with the player but with my setup.

Over the last 24 hours, since getting my new Zidoo, I've learned to my cost why I need eARC! I bought the Z1000 Pro Media Player so my several HDR10+ 4k HD Blu-Ray rips could play back perfectly but no. My AVR (a Yamaha RX-A1070) won't pass through HDR10+ as most AVRs don't except for some 2020 top end AVRs it seems. So that rules out plugging the one HDMI out from the Media Player into my AVR. Given there's no eARC on my TV (Samsung QE75Q950R) this means I will probably have to send the Media Player back (good job I've not switched it on as I was waiting for a new HDD) and wait for a top end model which will have 2 HDMI outs as HD sound is a given for me. Given my AVR is eArc, HDR10, HLG and DV enabled, I did think it supported HDR10+ too. Oh well, you live and learn :-( :-( :-(

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've found a thread over at avforums regarding the AVR / HDR10+ topic.

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks - I've seen that which confirms my position exactly, unfortunately. I need either a dual HDMI out player or eARC on my TV - I've neither :-(

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have a media player with Dual HDMI output but did not like it in practice so finally swapped my AMP (did not pass 4K).
    The reason having multiple sources connected to my AMP and at least 2 to my TV (AMP + Player) you need 2 remotes constantly as the TV switches ports via Menu (no direct buttons for HDMI input port selection like an AMP has).

The difference between HDR10 and HDR10+/DV is not worth the fuzz made about it in my view(ings).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @Nice Monkey . As you've probably surmised following my initial enquiries, I have been focused on the Audi0 pass-through and thought everything had been covered. I was looking at where in my HTS housing cabinet I could place the Z1000 Pro, when my attention passed to connectivity and then Doh! The penny dropped. My TV hasn't (yet) been updated for eARC, which I knew, but the last thing I thought was that my AVR wouldn't pass HDR10+ and was planning to connect direct to that. I quickly came across the thread in @McBluna 's post above and realised I was nuked. My heart sank. Most certainly my AVR will not be updated and the questions now are: -
    1. Do I wait for Samsung to update my TV with eARC? There's been so much speculation, hearsay and so called promises by Samsung that my set will get the update but if and when? And keep my Z1000 Pro
    2. Search around for an HDMI Splitter of some kind - 1 input to 2 outputs (1 out for Video + 1 for Audio), which will pass through HDR10+ and HD sound separately? Does anyone know of such a splitter? - I'm prepared to go to £150 if there is a good one around as the combined cost would then be less, probably, than a future Dual HDMI higher spec Zidoo.
    3. Do I return my Z1000 Pro and wait for the higher spec Dual HDMI higher spec Zidoo model to be launched.
    I have 30 days to return my Zidoo Z100 Pro but the further development is that I heard on Thursday that my long awaited heart op has been scheduled for this coming Wednesday and am being admitted on Monday. If I'm going to return it, then I have to act fast as I'm not sure how long it'll be before I'm totally recovered and after today, I will have more important things to think about. This is a really difficult decision to make - like yourself I've changed my AVR for the same reasons but have sworn by 2 Matrix HDMI boxes from TMF (The Media Factory - Joe) - one for 3D then another for 4K, before ultimately buying my Yamaha AVR a couple of years ago. I'd like a new Denon but after just splashing out a wad for my TV, my new Ziddo and a 10tb HDD, funds are scarce now.

Help!

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@rozel
    Just my 2 cents:
    - If TV upgrades ever do come? The longer it takes the more likely your model won't be on the list anymore if at all.
    - HDMI splitter is a valid option. You need to read a lot as most current models probably won't pass HDR10+ either.
    - A follow up for X20/X20 Pro/UHD2000 will come for sure but when? I don't expect it to take very much time as the new RTD1619DR is in fact so good that sales for old models must have been dropped significantly. X20 and X20 Pro sales already have been stopped it seems. Personally only expect a new model replacing UHD2000 and the long time announced Zidoo X.

But how important is it really? I will wait till the HDR mist clears up and compatible products become the new standard (including full specs HDMI 2.1).
    My HDR10 only TV will do just fine during that wait.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I rather favour the Splitter Option - I have tried searching but it's difficult to know if any pass HDR10+ unless there are other specs I need to look out for, which I currently don't understand.

Having just got my seriously discounted (albeit 2019) brand new Samsung QE75Q950R a few weeks ago, I really want to explore HDR10+ , the main reason for buying the Z1000 Pro. I've just pinged off an email to futeko.com to see what they advise - they seem an excellent company and if I remember correctly, I bought my Egreat A11 from them a few years back and never have had a problem with it.

10. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

1. The earc was already promised in april but nothing happened . The delays continues and if it doesn't happen as promised in september it will never happen . I'm in the same ballpark and had several contacts within the Av world close to samsung displays. We'll see what happens next month.
    2 If you go that way contact HD.fury.com ask them your question and they point you the right product without overdoing so. They always respond and help you out for a fair price and excellent products.
    3. Keep it it 's work in progress and it only will get better over time.

Best regards ;)

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @zarathoestra very much appreciated. Yes I've just made contact with Joe at The Media Factory regarding the HDfury AVR Key - guess I'll be buying one of those which seems to do what I need. I've bought several Matrix (Octava) switches from him in the past and the kit he sells definatey do what they say on their tins :)

September - where did you hear that? We were promised August but that was via the CEO in the US. It would be good to know - cheers

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  12. Starke

Starke New Member

The faster way is download the Zidoo control app and reset the Display setting from the app.

13. zarathoestra

Steve Whiters Av Forums Uk - twitter and in their podcast with manager director samsung UK but maybe fake news:rolleyes:
    So you're good to go have fun with your device.
    Cheers !

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Interesting @zarathoestra - I fortuitously seem to have elected to go down the correct path though. @chopples over at the av forum for my TV has said "its probably a better solution tbh because even if eARC does arrive you would still have a problem with the various dts codecs due to lack of licensing". Hmmmm - would be good to learn from others using EARC, what their experiences are.

15. zarathoestra

I can only confirm what chopples state samsung only pass through dolby over earc no dts (yet or never :rolleyes:) Hd fury is the way to go with those kind of sh*t:D

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Bit of a waste of time then

17. zarathoestra

Probably

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I turned my Z1000 on 2 hours ago, after formatting a 10tb hdd to partner it. Not updated it yet beyond the '22 firmware OTA or placed anything on the hdd but it was so quick to setup, to find my Nas NFS shares and to scrape my films in the Poster section. It even found my Egeat A11' s files too which are in it's internal hdd! I have a few initial questions though but given it's technical complexities I'm impressed: -
    • The few videos I've tried seem to jump slightly every 10 secs or so - is this because I've not yet adjusted any settings other than the ones I am familiar with, eg I've not tinkered with the framerate settings at all etc.? Not been into advanced settings yet either. It's not the buffering you get with poor Internet and in any case I'm gigabit ethernet connected throughout.
    • What does the "Resolution" button do on the remote exactly?
    • How do I disable subtitles on all films unless I want to enable them?
    The HDfury when it arrives and further updating and testing has to wait now as l have a heart operation fixed for Wednesday and I will be admitted to hospital tomorrow. So something to look forward to when I get home. :):):)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  19. zarathoestra

Good luck and first the health the rest will follow ;)

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member