Z10 PRO problems with DVD reading !!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Massimiliano Privitera, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Hi guys ,

I recently bought this Z10PRO, I am having problems with reading some DVDs, they are being read but it crashes on the presentation page, PLAY does not work. All my video files are inside a NAS ....
    Anyone have similar problem? is it due to the format of the video?

Thank you very much

2. muha

muha Active Member

I didn´t have any problems with playing DVDs in iso or video_ts format.

And I´ve seen things....

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

DVD Menu processing is problem #2 on my list.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ms-upto-fw-v6-3-50-no-feature-requests.84836/
    Concert type of DVD's with track selection mostly won't work correctly.

2. DVD menu and playback processing
    DVD-Video menu processing has multiple flaws including turning subtitles off and these are there since the beginning for all Zidoo player models and generations. It just never got enough attention. The nasty thing is that DVD Menu's are always processed and can't be bypassed. In almost all cases one can still get the movie to play making it just annoying.
    DVD-Video compatibility mode mostly present on DVD-Audio discs often does not work at all making playback totally impossible. This for audio track and feature selection during actual playback. DVD-Audio discs (with MLP HD Audio in the AUDIO_TS folder) are not supported and never will work without perfect menu processing as there are many ways interactive menus are being used with these discs including using DVD-Video compatibility mode.

4. muha

muha Active Member

Ok, that makes sense.

You can use foobar2000 to rip audio_ts - dts track and play it through MP.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  5. thanks for your information ...

6. Hello guys,

back to the question ..... do you think the problem will be solved? ... I have installed latest v6.3.60_G beta .... nothing to do.
    It is an irritating problem .....
    I have owned various types of Pocorn Hour .... with them I read everything without problems .... I do not understand why such a recent object has this problem! ??!

7. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Probably not the answer you are looking for but I would rip them mkv with something lake makeMKV. You can also name the chapters to the song name, thus it’s similar to what you have with the DVD menu.

8. .. I try this solution .... let's see what happens