Z)X stuck on RGB 8 Bit

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by airtvworld, Apr 22, 2021.

1. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

Completely stuck on a very odd problem on a Z9X, it is connected to a LG CX 55 and no matter what setting you change in HDR, pressing Info on the remote shows its Displaying 2160pRGB 8Bit ITU709, any ideas what the cause may be?.....Thanks in advance for any info

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Even if you choose "Mapping HDR10"?

3. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

Yes setting anything will not change it from RGB 8Bit, sometimes selecting any other setting will turn off the picture but the box remains on, and a restart is need to return the picture

4. Markswift2003

Really weird - can you send a copy of your EDID and I'll try to replicate.

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/"Save EDID"

You'll have to rename from .bin to .txt to upload as an attachment on the forum.

5. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

Thank you for the offer of helping file attached

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  6. Markswift2003

Well there's nothing wrong with that EDID - standard LG. If I load it into the Vertex there's absolutely nothing I can do to replicate your problem.

So even if you choose "Dolby Vision Low Latency(LLDV,YUV422,12Bit)" it's still showing as 8-bit RGB ITU709?

I can only thing there is something gone completely mad in the SOC - first thing I'd do is a factory reset (Settings/Other/Recovery and reset/Restore Factory) and then a reflash, but this must be done with care, following the instructions to the letter:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/x0Yfq[ld]QEAzbeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==.html

7. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

Thank you for looking it through, look like the SOC has thrown a wobble, will try a factory reset and reflash over the weekend. Selecting LLDV,YUV422,12Bit makes the screen go black, but the box is still on, and a restart is needed to bring back a picture, and it still shows RGB 8bit.......Something new I now have a long list of LLDV settings where before I only had one, all of those also make the screen go black.......Thanks once again for the advice :)

8. Markswift2003

No worries - let us know what happens after a reset...

9. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

One quick question, after the reflash, would you advise installing 6.2.5-G or keeping it on the reflash version?

10. Markswift2003

I'd try the factory reset first and see if that fixes it.

If you do reflash, I would then upgrade to the latest v6.2.5 in the usual way.

11. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

Good news !! Factory reset cured the problem, no re-flash needed................Thanks for all your help markswift2003 :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Brilliant!

13. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

Just got to try and remember how I validate Google Play store again

14. Markswift2003

I always make notes :)

To Register Google Play Store
    =============================

1. Open Google Play Store app then Exit.
    2. Goto Quick Setting>Other>About>GSF ID, Make a note of the GSF ID.
    3. Goto https://www.google.com/android/uncertified log in and enter the GSF ID in the box provided
    4. Click Google Play Store APP, if it is still not activated, then restart Z9X and check again.

15. airtvworld

airtvworld New Member

I do as well but then forget where I have put them .....thanks again you are a Star

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Haha! Me too! I think it's "Early Onset"! I mean I have just filled the dishwasher up with Soda Crystals rather than Salt when the red light came on - for heaven's sake!!! :eek::eek::eek: