Resolved Youtube not playing

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by drbence, Jan 13, 2017.

1. drbence

drbence New Member

Hi,

Sorry if this was discussed earlier, but my brand new x9s
    is not playing youtube.
    I have the latest firmware. I had no youtube app preinstalled.
    I have installed youtube app and tried youtube for android tv
    latest version as well with same result.

The problem is: the app starts, I can see and search videos
    but when I click to play the video it does not start. I get only
    the first frame and after that the video stops and is not playing.

Can you please help?
    Many Thanks

2. drbence

drbence New Member

Hi is it only my device?
    Can a few forum members confirm that this happens for others as well or only for me?

Thank you very much

3. drbence

drbence New Member

After removing all youtube apps, reinstalling them, and restarting the device multiple times fixed the issue!
    Thread can be closed.

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks, sometimes a "solved" report is a breathe of fresh air!
    P.S. you are the "owner" of this thread, and you should be able to change the threat title adding "(SOLVED)" at the beginning.

5. Aleksanderis

Aleksanderis New Member

Sorry, but it's not solved. Was going create a new thread with such or similar issue, but then found this one.
    I have a bit more symptoms and reproduction details:

- YouTube plays perfectly well just right after restart.
    - YouTube video is not playing after player is running for some time. Stable reproduction for me is to play something with ZDMC and then trying to use YouTube app.
    - YouTube app is starting without problems, there are no errors, it's even possible to seek back and forward, and picture is updated. The video just gets stuck in "paused" state.
    - It happens same with YouTube for mobile app (installed from Google Play) and with YouTube for Android TV (installed manually with apk).
    - I had just a "normal" YouTube app, YouTube for Android TV was installed later - i.e. it's not the case, that these apps are conflicting with each other.
    - YouTube videos are playing through ZDMC YouTube plugin and from browser using http://m.youtube.com site - so the problem is purely with YouTube app(s).
    - It was like that just right after I purchased the device with 1.2.6 version and it's still same with 1.2.10.
    - Closing ZDMC completely (quiting it, not mimizing), cleaning running apps, etc - doesn't help. However device reboot helps, but not for too long.

Can original author of this thread re-evaluate the issue (e.g. trying using ZDMC and then YouTube), is it still working ok?

6. Aleksanderis

Aleksanderis New Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

reset to factory. try again. if that does not work. try a complete reflash.

8. Aleksanderis

Aleksanderis New Member

It took a while, but it's finally fixed with 1.4.8!
    And no - it wasn't related to factory reset.