YouTube for Android TV 2.0 ( 2160P@30 )

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by looun, Jul 19, 2017.

1. looun

looun Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Pelayo likes this.
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Looun,

I'll try tonight

I do not know if this will be smooth because my demos vp9 uhd 60hz are not smooth with the zidoo.

Thanks

3. Pelayo

Pelayo Member Beta test group

I have exactly the same problem.
    The only way I have to play a YouTube video to 4k is with the TubeMate app.
    You only have two problems that you need a mouse to use, And that only reproduces at most 3840 × 2160 (WEBM) At 60fps with that same resolution does not work.
    At 2160p and 60fps, the video is always stopped and the audio plays only.

4. looun

looun Member

now yuo can use YouTube 2.0 without airmouse, TubeMate no nore need.

so the problem should be firmware OMX implementation or soc limitation.

Pelayo likes this.
  5. Ngok Sun

Ngok Sun New Member

4K video works great!
    Thank you for sharing this great app.
    I still hope we can install Android TV APP from google play.

6. looun

looun Member

7. Ngok Sun

Ngok Sun New Member

4K 60FPS struggles.
    most of the time it shows only the first few frames then start dropping all frames.
    the Captain American: Civil War - trailer can play a little bit smoother, still got frames drops though.

Pelayo likes this.
  8. Ngok Sun

Ngok Sun New Member

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, the firmware on that link is android with a TV skin on it, so don't expect android TV any time soon, if ever

10. Pelayo

Could an administrator check the problem? Or at least say if it is possible for this box to play videos from an external app at 2160p @ 60fps?

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Anyway this new Android TV YouTube app works very good on my X9S, almost all of the interface is perfectly usable with Zidoo IR remote.
    Spent most part of last evenings watching a plethora of channels and video here and there. Is like a drug!
    AFAIS , up to FullHD is played fine. But my 7 Mbps ADSL don't permit me to play higher resolution videos, so no more tests...

12. Pelayo

If it works perfectly. The problem is that if you usually see a channel that uploads gameplays to 2160p @ 60 you can not see any video at all because it will not let you select less resolution.

13. mundano

mundano New Member

Finally an Youtube app that fits our box, the interface is exactly as in my LG OLED TV.. Great to use with a TV like remote...

But it's a shame that Zidoo X8/X9s/X10 have a poor implementation of the VP9 codec, and a total lack of support for VP9-Profile2 encoded videos... This way 60fps and HDR videos on Youtube are not playable..

14. looun

looun Member

There is only one device support VP9-Profile2 encoded videos and YouTube hdr: chromecast ultra.

15. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

When I visit Google Play Store I see that YouTube for Android TV app is not supported by X9S.

How can I install it on my X9S?
    Maybe I should use external app? Can you paste me a link to download it?
    Why is Google Play Store blocking installation on my X9S?
    I have 1.4.12 firmware on my X9S

Please help me.

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

google apk downloader ? jut get it as apk from any source and install it with " app installer "

17. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

Should i search for APK in internet in x86 or different one architecture? When i tried to install APK in x86 IT doesnt wants to be installed.

18. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

I have installed YouTube App for Android TV (arm version) sucessfuly, but unfortunately my original Zidoo tv air mouse doesn`t work as I wish to.
    I cannot type any text from keyboard while clicking on search.
    Can you write to me what I should do to make airmouse keyboard work?

19. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Is there a youtube version that is mouse friendly? The Android TV version does not support mouse much at all, and youtube is navigation intensive, will wear out the remote's navigation pad keys in no time.

Thanks