XLR Problems, Stability Problems and other Challenges

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Reelyator, Feb 25, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

I have tried out all possible connections with my new DMP-A6:
    - HDMI to AVR for MCH -> check
    - SPDIF to AVR for Stereo -> check
    - Analog out to Headphone-Amp -> check

The only main problem i see up to now is the XLR connection:
    1) When the DMP-A6 is connected to the Marantz MM7025 through XLR this is causing a constant (low but hearable) crackling noise on my speakers. No matter if the DMP-A6 is on or not. Disconnecting the XLR Cables stops the noise.
    2) balanced XLR is set ON but nothing is heard during playback. Volume is controlled by the DMP-A6 but up or down makes no difference. Nothing but silence.

First i was questioning my XLR Cables but these are the same cables i used to connect my Cambridge Audio Azur 851N. Never had any problems here.

Has anybody here had similar problems? Could it be that the XLR module of my device is defective??

2. cp11

cp11 New Member

Hi, I have the DMP A6 connected via XLR to an Advance Paris A10 amplifier and have had no problems.
    No background noise is heard; Volume adjustment also works.
    However, I can't hear any noticeable differences between the XLR and RCA connections.

Reelyator likes this.
  3. The Moog

The Moog Member

Also no XLR output issues here.

Reelyator likes this.
  4. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@cp11 and @The Moog : Thank you for your feedback, folks!

I could solve Problem 2). I forgot that there is a switch on the backside of the MM7025 that needs to be turned from unbalanced to balanced.
    ....very convenianto_O, most likely that is why i hardly ever used balanced XLR.

Still Problem 1) with the crackling noise remains whenever the DMP-A6 is connected. I cross-checked again by connecting my Cambridge Audio Azur 851N to XLR -> No Crackling noise.
    Connected back to the DMP-A6 -> Crackling noise again.
    Here i would conclude that the noise is clearly caused by my DMP-A6. Probably a defect in the XLR module. I have raised a corresponding complaint at my dealer.

5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Meanwhile my frustration level with the DMP-A6 exceeds my initial excitement. After reaching out to my dealer i returned my first A6, The dealer could not confirm my XLR problem but still send me a replacement device. This now has other problems:
    1) During playback the device simply crahes occasionally. Playback stops and screen goes black or looks like this:
    [​IMG]

2) Importting a NAS music library does not work because the device freezes after some minutes of importing. Import stops and screen goes like this:
    [​IMG]

In both cases the device can only be reactivated aftter a hard power off. Anybody here having similar problems with you DMP-A6? Or even better: a fix??

6. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

I have a start up problem. I just installed my DMP-A6, and updated to the latest firmware 1.2.50. I'm using it as a roon endpoint, and apart from that it will be used for TV sound and the occasional CD/Blurray, etc.

It comes set to XLR/RCA outputs, I have the XLRs connected and it works fine.

OTOH, when I select Bal-XLR as the output, I get no sound, although the DMP-A6 is still receiving data from roon, and I only have Balanced XLR inputs on my power amp.

Do I need to reboot, or what ?

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I know it's a silly question, but since the behavior is weird...
    You use true XLR (both ends) cables, not RCA adapters and the like, righjt?
    Also, I seem to remember there could be a volume memory for every output, so check the volume too...

8. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

XLR to XLR, yes. I was beginning to suspect that there maybe something like a volume reset, but volume memory sounds more likely.

Edit: Yep, that was it, a combination of my default volume setting of -75 dB, and the system setting -100 dB, when an input is used for the first time.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  9. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member