Xfer files to ZX9

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by TeePee, Sep 24, 2022.

1. TeePee

TeePee New Member

Is there a way to transfer files via the network to the attached HDD on my zx9?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, just switch on the Samba Server in network settings and you can access the drive using SMB.

3. TeePee

TeePee New Member

Hey Mark, it made no difference. The network see's the device, but will not let me access it.

4. Markswift2003

Make sure "Allow data to be written" is on:

upload_2022-9-26_8-57-21.png

5. TeePee

TeePee New Member

Hi Mark, It did not help. Zidoo tech support sent me a procedure that did not work as well. I have attached some pics of my issue as well as their procedure.

Attached Files:

6. Markswift2003

Looks like you're trying to access it as a media device and also in a browser. That's not how you access a share.

I think you're way over thinking this!

Easiest is to open an explorer window like this and type \\192.168.0.41 into the address bar:

upload_2022-9-26_18-10-19.png

Alternatively, open network locations and find it in "Computers" (I named this one ZD_TEST in the SAMBA server):

upload_2022-9-26_18-13-31.png

7. TeePee

TeePee New Member

Hi Mark, your suggestions worked. See attached pic.
    Thanks again,
    Tom

Attached Files:

Markswift2003 likes this.