x9s...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Do150, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Do150

Do150 New Member

Are these boxes still any good guys or are they a bit old now, I have the chance of a Brand new one but not sure about Android version still cutting it.
    Thanks in advance for any replies

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Getting a bit old, but yes, they are still a very capable player. Won't do DV and the Home Theatre app won't be the latest, but they still hold their own. Miles ahead of a Zappiti of the same age in terms of performance and better interface than a Dune. Also the Dunes and Zappitis of that era have bad frame rate issues where the Zidoo doesn't.

Depends how much you get it for - $20-$30 or equivalent, it's a good stepping stone, any more than that I really wouldn't.

3. Do150

Do150 New Member

Thanks for your reply. Im on the verge of just buying a Z9X Pro or Z20 Pro but I dont like how they have called it the Pro yet stripped it of a HDMI in port. Im not too fussed about DV as although I do have some movies on a HDD my main use will probably be as a music player. Its actually twice that price, £50GBP so thats about $60 or so

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm from the UK too and no, I wouldn't pay £50 for one.

Personally I'd go for the Z9X Pro - it's the current model and although there are teething issues with the firmware, but there should be a bunch of fixes next week.

5. Do150

Do150 New Member

Yes that's what I think I'll do, Either that or the z20 Pro, I have a 8tb HDD and I like the idea of a hard drive enclosure with my last box being a Himedia Q10 Pro