X9 WIFI Issue

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by JulieP, Jun 26, 2015.

1. JulieP

JulieP New Member

I purchased an X9 from Amazon. When I received it everything seemed to be working fine, I added my google account and was streaming music. I got a prompt that there was a firmware update so I applied it and the X9 rebooted. I Began streaming music again and after about an hour noticed the music had stopped. Looked and there was no WIFI, went into the settings and it won't allow me to enable WIFI. Also under Bluetooth it shows no hardware now. I have reset the box a few times, and flashed the latest firmware with no result. HELP!

J

2. papiguy

papiguy Member

Have you tested streaming from an USB device ?

3. JulieP

JulieP New Member

Yes. Streaming isn't the issue, when I click the toggle to turn WIFI on it turns itself back off. It won't let me click it on.

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

I understand, but as you told that both bluetooth and WIFI were out, I was thinking about a problem with the bus controller or its driver.
    At the early beginning, I got a lot of problems after having inserted a micro SD card.
    If you have set additionnal memories try a reset after having removed them.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  5. JulieP

JulieP New Member

Streaming seems fine from USB. It just won't let me turn WIFI on (or Bluetooth).
    I noticed something else odd. When I set time and date it resets after a reboot.

6. papiguy

papiguy Member

7. JulieP

JulieP New Member

Yes. However the update that seems to have broken it was OTA .

8. Ernie Hudson

Ernie Hudson New Member

Having the same issue. Opend the box and all worked fine. a few weeks later, same problem as described above. Updated firmware to 1.0.3.8 via usb and still same problem with no Wifi. Unit works fine if i connect via ethernet. Any recommendations?

9. papiguy

papiguy Member

Ernie,
    Did you try to shut down the box with the remote, then switch off it with the rear power switch, and re-boot ?
    If this does not solve the issue, may be an upgrade to v1.0.3.9 could do?

10. Ernie Hudson

Ernie Hudson New Member

Yes i did all of the above and still nothing. Where do I get v1.0.3.9? I is not on the website...

11. papiguy

papiguy Member

12. Ernie Hudson

Ernie Hudson New Member

Applied v1.0.3.9 and wifi still does not work.

13. HeJo

HeJo New Member

Ernie, has this been solved already. Mine hasn't been working since received, tried everything but cannot get the wifi and bluetooth started :-(

14. papiguy

papiguy Member

In another thread, it has been ascertained that WIFI and Ethernet cannot work together.
    If an ethernet cable is plugged, remove it and try again to connect via WIFI.

In addition install the last version of firmware (v1.0.4.2) available in this forum.

15. HeJo

HeJo New Member

Papiguy, thanks for your reply. Doesn't matter what I tried, with ethernet or not, it just is not able to put wifi or bleutooth on.
    I will try the latest firmware version (v1.0.4.2) and hope this finally is solved, but am afraid there is a hardware problem or so.

16. HeJo

HeJo New Member

Just updated firmware version to v1.0.4.2 but no changes. Wifi still cannot be turned on as bluetooth either is not possible to activate.
    As the Google Play Store needs wifi (another problem still not solved on this box by firmware updates) to connect at the first installation, the box is useless for me at the moment.

17. papiguy

papiguy Member

A way to possibly solve this issue is to make a recovery, verify if wifi and bluetooth are working, and if ok directly install the last firmware.