X7 3D BD-ISO & MVC MKV Audio Issues

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X7' started by EJ Barrois, Oct 7, 2017.

1. EJ Barrois

EJ Barrois New Member

Hello ZIDOO and community,

Recently purchased ZIDOO X7 is nearly perfect for 3D home theater except for one major problem. When playing back 3D BD-ISO files, the Dolby and DTS lossless soundtracks play with errors.

Audio is dropping out and skipping. Both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA files have problems. Have tried using both HDMI RAW (Bitstream) and PCM audio output settings. Same problem using either setting.

Zidoo X7 is running latest firmware 1.27, is connected to Denon Receiver with High-Speed HDMI cable, fed to 3D projector. 3D playback of BD-ISOs and 3D MVC MKVs are working with native video player (from file browser) and the ZDMC Kodi variant -- however both have the same audio problem. Dropouts. Pops. Glitches.

Are there any known solutions - or is the X7 just not powerful enough to accomplish this?

Many Thanks

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Moderator Beta test group Contributor

you tested with media center or kodi ?

3. EJ Barrois

EJ Barrois New Member

Tried both. Same issue, tho I've found that 3D performance is superior with the native Media Center.

My current workaround is using the native Media Center player and ripping my 3D discs without the HD audio. It works...just not as well as I hoped it would.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Moderator Beta test group Contributor

can you try without the AV reciever ? like connecting directly to a TV ?

5. Matt

Matt New Member

I reported the same issue in the latest ROM update thread (http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/a-new-firmware-version-v1-2-7-for-zidoo-x7.5716/) and aside from a comment that they will look into it, have not heard anything (that was 2 months ago).
    If you select a non-lossless format such as Dolby Digital or DTS, the sound is fine (which would be the same with connecting directly to TV), but that is not the point - it doesn't play HD audio codecs properly.

@EJ Barrois While 3d isos play in 3d fine for me (with the above audio problem), 3d MKV files do not play properly in 3d (or 2D for that matter). Can you check that the 3D MVC MKVs (made by MakeMKV) play properly in 3D

6. EJ Barrois

EJ Barrois New Member

Hi Matt. 3D MKVs made with MakeMKV do not work for me either. They stutter. I had to convert my 3D MVC MKVs into ISOs without hd-audio codecs to have success - and that's only in the native Media Player. The XDMC Kodi-offshoot is my preferred player, but sadly its very glitchy for 3D BD ISOs.

Native player only, 3D ISOs only, no HD audio, no options to auto-display forced subtitles. Not perfect, not bad for ~$70.