X6 Pro has wifi amnesia

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Vegeta_UK, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Vegeta_UK

Vegeta_UK New Member

Anybody else come across this? When I first set up the box, I connected to my 2.4ghz wifi at home (I have a dual band router). I then decided to use the 5ghz band instead, so told the box to forget the first network. Now, whenever the box powers up from being switched off, it has forgotten my preference and connects to the 2.4ghz band - which does not allow me access to my network files. I then have to go back into settings, maually disconnect and re-forget the 2.4ghz connection for the box to then connect to the correct one EVERY TIME I SWITCH THE THING ON!

This is incredibly frustrating - any advice? On Latest 1.0.25 firmware (not beta, as far as I am aware, downloaded from the main website)

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,we will check this problem

3. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

This bug can be reproduced, same issue with my device.

4. Vegeta_UK

Vegeta_UK New Member

And now, a new issue related to connectivity but not the wifi. I have switched to running the box on a wired network using powerline adapters. This has increased performance (yay) but has had one very dodgy side effect. When I am using the box, no other devices (wired or otherwise) can connect to the internet. I am redirected to my router's settings page where "there is no response from the remote server" and "further login details are required" (according to the pop-ups). It's like the box is somehow hijacking my router, as if i turn the box off and reboot the router everything is fine...

5. Ilya

Ilya New Member

wi fi is not working properly! The router is 3 meters from the console, on the 5 GHz network all the time lost. At 2.4 GHz shows a very good level of reception, but receiving rate from 0.05 to 0.5 Mbs. And if you put your hand on the device, the speed increases. Next phone and tablet show a high speed of transmission and reception.