X6 Pro and AirMouse

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by HomeUse, Jul 4, 2016.

1. HomeUse

HomeUse New Member

Hi All,

I've posted a query about this in another thread but thought it deserves its own...
    I'm looking for an air-mouse that works out of the box.

X6 Pro Remote: actually is much better than I anticipated. But it's obviously not great for web browsing.
    It's also not very friendly for apps that are 'tablet/touch' designed. You are forced to use the mouse/cursor feature which can be painful.

Rii i8: works reasonably well. But it misses out on the 'app switching' button more than anything. I also find it a little clunky to use.

Mele F10: I thought might be good, but I found out that the gyro (air mouse) doesn't work on any devices that aren't theirs. I also thought the built-in microphone might be useful but apparently this can break the audio output of the box because it acts like a USB sound-card. (I don't have one so it's all what i've read)

Generic Wireless Keyboard with Trackball:

This I have found is possibly the best at the moment, but it's big and annoying.
    Most functions are there (ALT+TAB) for app switching.

2 extra thoughts:
    • If i'm using an external keyboard is there a way to stop the software keyboard from appearing as it can get in the way?
    • If there is a way to customize the keyboard keys etc people could share the configs for specific remote?
    Thanks,
    HomeUse

2. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Mele F10 works perfectly on any tv box.
    You can also stop the sound going to the airmouse in Android Developer settings or with editing a simple file, already posted in Zidoo X6 forum by other users.
    Some keys might not be configurable but there are keymap files in Kodi forum if you want to reprogram some keys to use with Kodi or ZDMC.
    Look at the airmouses sold at Gearbest - http://www.gearbest.com/air-mouse-_gear/
    I buy a lot from them, but there are other places like Geekbuying, dx, tinydeal, banggood that sells similar airmouses.
    The TK617 is also good with lots of favorite keys to reprogram but it uses batteries instead of USB charging.
    So every airmouse has it's strengths and weaknesses.

3. HomeUse

HomeUse New Member

Thanks Cobra. I might have to look into the F10 a little more as it seems like one of the better air mouses around.

For those looking for the F10 sound fix - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...10-pro-controller-sound-issue.1188/#post-7534

Unfortunately the fix isn't appropriate for me as I'm trying to set this up for use as a Video Calling device more than anything else. Which means I need USB audio (microphone)...built into my webcam C525

4. HomeUse

HomeUse New Member

I decided to try the webcam with another Usb microphone plugged in.

I used a jabra speak 410.
    This is a desk microphone/speaker combo used for conference calls.

To my surprise both the microphones actually worked at the same time. However it also stole the audio output of the device. This means if I watch a movie with it plugged in the sound comes out of this.

I downloaded SoundAbout as was suggested in the MeleF10 thread. However, unfortunately I couldn't get this to work for me. All managed to do was kill the microphone and sound entirely.

5. bandusix

bandusix New Member

MeleF10 is ok, I use it myself. But sometimes I can find the remote I just use the App Remote.