X10 with NAS hard disk

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by mocar, Dec 9, 2017.

1. mocar

mocar New Member

Hi, I am a newbie on this thread and I am looking for help. I just installed my X10, no problems reading files from my NAS (Asustor AS602T) via my network.
    When I install my NAS HDD (WD40EFRX) in my X10, I can discover my HDD but when I want to go to the content, X10 asks me the Username and Password. Entering the ones I use with my NAS are refused.
    1. What username and password do I have to use to read my HDD?
    2. Is the an OpenWRT problem? if yes, how can I solve that?
    Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3. mocar

mocar New Member

Hi HaoSs, I bought the X10 for the availibility of the internal HDD. I just want to place my NAS disk (WD 40 EFRX RED) into the X10 and view my films where I don't have ethernet. I read in another forum that the WD Red disks are not compatible with the X10. Is that the case? Your solution (?) is too complicated for me. I'll have to return my Zidoo X10.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

did you see the youtube clip ? can't explain it easier than that , also i don't know any problems with WD red and x10. if the box sees the HDD should work just fine. your problem is that you need to make sure allow guests is on under openwrt settings ( openwrt is a separate OS that runs on the box and is designed for the NAS function accessed by connecting to the box local IP using a browser in the same network )

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. mocar

mocar New Member

Hi HaoSs, this is what I get when I do a screen shot after following your youtube: as you can see I don't find my film files on my disk!
    upload_2017-12-11_16-27-1.png

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

content may be encrypted by the older nas system. can't think of other reason you can't see it