Chat X10 remote; IR or RF?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by videobruce, Apr 7, 2018.

1. videobruce

videobruce Member

Is the X10 remote a RF type or a universal IR remote that can be 'learned' by a programmable/learning 3rd party remote?

Also, what functions CAN'T you do with the supplied remote? In applications, functions as to navigating around using all specific functions of different applications especially while playing back recordings.

I'm tiring to avoid having three different controllers (original or programmable remote, separate keyboard & mouse) to be able to use this properly as it the case with that HiMedia Q10. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. DavidWu5

DavidWu5 Member

Did you try bluetooth model?IT SHOULD BE THE UNIVERSAL IR remote like i had

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You may use a Riitek remote instead. They come with a dongle and even can be moved between multiple (brand) players.
    Riitek MX3 and i25 are nice universal RF remotes (all keys Programmable as IR, Standard keys as RF, Pointer Mouse, Full Keyboard on the back and a build-in Microphone).

Be aware there are multiple MX3 models and they are sold under multiple labels/brands looking very identical but offering different features (manual of my full featured brand-less model attached € 34,- ).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  4. videobruce

videobruce Member

Thanks for the replies, but I only want IR, not RF which includes those Bluetooth things which are also RF.

You can't program a programmable, learning IR remote using any type of "RF" remote. Period! Making those useless AFAIC. besides that "Mini' keypads are too hard to use. Buttons are way too small and too close together. I understand the concept of using "RF", but it is overused, too many devices using the same frequencies and not being compatible with conventional IR remotes.

I don't need or want a 2nd remote that is only good for one device to watch TV. That was stated in my opening statement since I predicted the above responses. ;)

5. videobruce

videobruce Member

BTW, I have one of those Riitek things and it's unusable for me. I don't type and I don't have a toy phone either which is a separate, sore subject for me..

6. DavidWu5

DavidWu5 Member

lol. What‘s the matter with RF? I have three remotes in my house be honest.

7. videobruce

videobruce Member

Re-read my prior posts, I already gave the reasons! LOL. :rolleyes: