X10 NO Bluray menu in ZDMC

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by HauntedSound, Sep 10, 2017.

1. HauntedSound

HauntedSound New Member

Recently got an X10 to upgrade from my old Dune HDSmart and having a minor issue. When I select a movie (BD ISO) from ZDMC it automatically starts the main movie without giving me the Bluray menu. This even happens when I am able to hit "See bluray menu" option. I do not get this in the Media Center when I select the file from there, I get BD menu just fine. I feel I have tried most setting combinations to remedy this (ziddo vs dvd player, changing "default select action", etc...). What could be causing this? It wouldn't have anything to do with how the movies are scraped would it?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it has to do with the fact that ZDMC is KODI fork, and the menu on kodi is minimal at best and work on very few old DVD movies. Zidoo only did work on media center menu, you will have to use that if you want menu's.

3. HauntedSound

HauntedSound New Member

Hmm. Interesting. Guess being new to Kodi based stuff (used to Dune players with skins) I am not sure how Kodi operates. Guessing Kodi (ZDMC) on Zidoo doesn't point directly to the native player and its abilities but acts as a separate operation altogether? The "home theater" function works ok but is kinda clunky and ugly and much prefer the elegance of some of the skins for Kodi. I do find it odd that Zidoo would release a box that claims to do Full Bluray menu knowing that most people will be using the Kodi (ZDMC) interface which does not do this.

4. HauntedSound

HauntedSound New Member

I also noticed within settings of ZDMC under Settings>Video>Discs there is a selection to change how it handles BD discs with 3 options, one of which is "show full bluray menu". I do have this selected but with same results.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

To be fair. Any picture zidoo showed about be menu,including product description, was with there media center player.

6. HauntedSound

HauntedSound New Member

True. Hope that can get integrated at some point. Still no device that quite does what I want yet. Maybe someday...

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Don't think zidoo will work on BDmenu for zmdc/kodi, it will be up to kodi team to do it, only integration i see from them is to make BD menu work with the zdmc option " use external player" turned on, if it does not work already, haven tested it