why ZDMC and not KODI with Wrapper

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by grummel2005, Sep 21, 2016.

1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

why ZIDOO is making the same fault in x9s as in x6 pro and uses a changed KODI called ZDMC and is not using KODI with Wrapper

in other systems this is running perfect and then there is no need every new KODI-Version to change ZDMC

i cannot understand this

very good is that they thought about my hint to change the folders so we can install KODI by ourself :)

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The reason is simple: the modified ZDMC just deploys a tailor made driver matching the SOC used to enable HD audio passthrough and HW-acceleration/processing. It still uses KODI DVDplayer and all standard player controls remain transparent. This creates the best performing KODI implementation possible keeping the local modifications invisible for the user. With a Wrapper the total internal KODI player is replaced resulting in a different functionality and look and feel during actual playback as functionality now comes from the specific External Player called upon by Wrapper.

With the coming Zidoo implementation everybody can choose what he likes best: ZDMC, Native KODI, KODI with Wrapper etc. Personally (and many others) I am happy just following mainstream stable releases of KODI as facilitated probably by ZDMC.

Hence don't see it as a fault but as a real smart approach instead. The default ZDMC will be optimal for most likely the majority of customers. For those who like to play around with Alpha, Beta versions and Wrappers / External Players just go ahead, it is all possible even without the need to uninstall ZDMC. What do you want more?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  3. Scofield1986

Scofield1986 New Member

For me 1080p movie was laggy with ZDMC.With native player no problem

4. Nice Monkey

Yes all variant will have some bugs at least initially. Some differences in formats supported is also to be expected. ZDMC should get total support from Zidoo to fix those.
    Hope to get my box somewhere next week.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

as far as i know. zdmc in x9s only modify passtrough. rest is done by kodi. So if you don't need passtrough you could use native kodi

6. Nice Monkey

This is conflictive with the report of Scofield1986 who sees a different behavior for Video between ZDMC and native KODI. Spring also reports more changes made with ZDMC.
    But we will see when more get the box delivered. Mine is due end of next week.

7. blazer

blazer Member

A more pertinent question is as to why hardware manufacturers don't follow the API required for stock Kodi to work out of the box.

There have been so many forks of Kodi produced that just do not work as they should or are as advertised to work.

So I would agree with the OP that a wrapper is a more efficient way to use Kodi, rather than continually waste time continually developing custom versions that are not satisfactory and always being way behind the curve of development.

Going in the current direction is anything but the smart approach.

Lony likes this.
  8. grummel2005

fully agree - this i wrote here a lot of times - got hatepostings and hatemails from specific members :(

9. Nice Monkey

Discussing personal preferences, which everybody is entitled to have, never leads anywhere. What is the problem if both options are made available concurrently? Best of both worlds, everybody satisfied I would say. May I call listening to different customer preferences smart? End of dialog for me.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  10. Lony

Lony Active Member

When both options are working perfectly ??? We'll see soon and hear and then we are still in ZDMC based Kodi 16.1. many user want to choose their KODI version free

But we will see in the next Firmware.

11. Nice Monkey

That perfect player will never come. There are simply too many variables to deal with, too many personal preferences and too much crummy material around. There is good hope that commonly used video material will play very well on various new players. They have the potential of doing a better job than previous generations. Everybody needs to find which player with what settings suits his personal needs best.

As an example the best player I found till today to just play DVD, BD and 3D-BD in either Folder or ISO formats is an Eminent EM7385/EM7485. This is what any modern Blu Ray player will do for you also but requires burning videos to discs. Not a single Android based Player to beat it yet (including my Himedia Q10 Pro) I hope Zidoo X9S will do it, but already got the message it does not do any DVD Menu processing ggggggggrrrrr (I know KODI etc can do it, but I love plain and simple).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  12. spring

spring Guest

it can play DVD menu, it will release firmware v1.2.4.
    thx!

13. Wang

Wang Member

I find spmc seems to play more file types ( I was having problems with some mkv files )might be my eyes but also PQ looks better than kodi

14. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

SPMC isn't any better for X9S as @Koying hasn't included any enhancements for Realtek SoC, mostly AMLogic boxes, Fire TV and nVidia Shield.

15. Wang

Wang Member

Maybe it isn't, but it did play one of my files that kodi couldn't .

16. grummel2005

did you test with KODI or installed Zidoo-ZDMC?

17. Wang

Wang Member

Just updated to the latest 1.24 , working on kodi now , thanks for the replys. I was torn between this box and the Dune HD Solo , I think I made the right choice. Just wish you could get Netflix in HD .