Why is Z1000's price so exaggerated?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by DevlopperWEB81, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Hi, I recently bought a replacement for my Z9S Z1000.
    To a bad surprise, I don't understand the price of the device.

• Exactly the same motherboard as the cheaper ZIDOO Z9S.
    • Zidoo Z1000 comes with a cheaper IR remote control (remote control with very responsive, very slow, not very reactive).

I was waiting for the highest model from the [Z] series, at least for the " Zidoo V8 " remote control , not the cheapest, which is part of the cheapest boxes from ZIDOO
    * Premium model + the cheapest remote control from ZIDOO? Apart from IR, it is the slowest and least reactive. I do not understand.

• Network read problems (SMB, ZFS) that caused me to replace the Z9S with the Z1000 still persist.
    • They can't search for French subtitles.
    • FAN is quite noisy.
    • As with the Z9S, French subtitles cannot be searched (with HT 3*).
    • OpenWRT can only be used in half, unstable.
    • The sound is still problematic via Bluettoth (I have to disconnect the headphones a few times and reconnect them so that the sound is not delayed. The headphones with other devices work fine)

I don't see any improvement in the Z1000 compared to the Z9S (except for the noisy FAN), I was expecting something extra for such a big extra (a little more for $ 500).

"So I wonder why the price of the Z1000 is so high?"
    For a piece of sheet metal and two more zeros in the name of the model o against Z10 ??

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes, Z1000 is functionally identical (also same motherboard) to a Z10 including the IR remote coming with it. You pay indeed a lot extra for the much fancier housing with internal PSU but frankly it looks great doesn't it?
    Only the top models X20, X20 Pro and UHD2000 come with the better BT remote. I was a bit surprised too that Z1000 did not come with it.
    Top models by the way have that same relative noisy fan too. Zidoo should look for an Ultra Low Noise version. I would probably swap it myself and have it rubber mounted. Did so with a STB with the same problem and that helped a lot.

Got myself that V8 BT remote as an add-on using it with my Z9S. Works great and has a (bit hidden) cursor mouse too. The X20 is not really popular but would be preferred by me (including that BT remote, Dual HDMI output, USB3c port and full rack width plus dual HDD) all at just a slightly higher price than Z1000.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    DevlopperWEB81 likes this.
  3. Thank NiceMonkey

The V8 looks very good, I like it . But I wouldn't pay $ 49 for it.
    A few years ago, I paid so much for SONY products.

You're right, the X20 is a bit better HW, but I didn't buy it because device, which is used exclusively to read a file on the hard drive or on the network (if it succeeds) without DRM support, etc., is such a purchase or pay more than $ 500 total madness :p (maybe for Audiofil)

When I look at the Apple TV 4K, the Nvidia Shiel PRO is a half-price device, ZIDOO only has the advantage of being able to connect a SATA drive. Apple, Nvidia, etc. Also support HDR10 + and others now have standard formats, DRM support and streaming services.
    The Z1000 was the maximum amount I would pay, as I say, buying a device like the X20 to play a file from your hard drive is "crazy." :-D

PS: Instead of the look (bricks) in the cabinet, I would prefer the HDR10 + in the TV ;)
    I already have the Z1000 at home, so I prefer to focus on the positive sides.

The last question
    How to name files correctly (serials, movies) ?

1) The name of the movie
    2) The_name_of_the_movie
    3) The.name.of.the.movie

And for series, how to declare example serie corectly "ABS 3 saison episode 1"?

1) Serie_ABC_saison_3_episoide_1
    2) Serie_ABC_S03_01
    3) Serie ABC saison 3 episode 1
    4) Serie ABC S03x01

?

Thank you for the possible advice or explanation of the correct procedure of naming the Film and the series so that they are correctly recognized with ZIDOO.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  4. Nice Monkey

The name of the movie (year)
    Serie ABC - S03E01

gymnos likes this.
  5. The renamed file works perfectly.
    Today I tried to connect a video projector to the Z1000, it works great.

I will definitely replace the FAN. When the FAN is OFF temperature is high and the device restarts. When it's ON it's noisy. I found the Noctua NF-A4x20, I just have to check the correct size.
    I also noticed that the motherboard is missing a CMOS battery.

Thank you again for your time "NiceMonkey" ;)

gymnos likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

Hey the same happened to you with your Z9S I recall. Is it maybe not allowed to include the battery for shipments to your country?
    Hardly can be a coincidence. But again easy to add that CR1220 cell once more.

7. I don't know, ordered from Germany → France.

Exactly! So you have a memory, man.

Yes, the CMOS battery was also missing on my previous Z9S.
    Maybe it's intentional, I wasn't surprised by the Z9S, but for the Z1000 model I thought the would have a CMOS.
    It does not matter, I still have 3 in stock since last time :) So I still have one CMOS in reserve if I bought another ZIDOO :D
    .. if they at least installed 32Gb of storage, the Z1000 would not be identical to the Z9S / Z10
    (Even the LED screen is the same as on Z10)

8. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020