Why is there a limitation of no BD Menu playback for Dolby Vision FEL content?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Clark Kent, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

I noticed earlier that a UHD BD I have that is FEL would only play in HDR10 when I played it in BluRay mode, but when I played it as if it was an MKV / regular play mode it played in Dolby Vision.

I noticed on the beta firmware thread here that FEL content is in testing alongside other Dolby Vision formats but only in regular play mode and not BluRay mode.

Just wanted to know what causes this limitation assuming there is one or if it’s just a choice by the devs to not allow BluRay mode with FEL / other Dolby Vision formats and if that’s the case then why would that be?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A known issue with certain boutique studio releases but not related to FEL, it's related to the way the disc is mastered.

I've seen this from Arrow and Shout studios but none of my own FEL or MEL ISO or BDMV rips have this problem.

Was logged and solved in December so should be addressed in the next firmware.

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Aha! That makes sense, this disc is Lionsgate WITH A24, sounds like what you’re saying lines up with the A24 production side of this title.

Can’t wait for the next update! :)

4. GeoZi

GeoZi New Member

Does DUNE have same problem with MENU ??
    Because my 10PRO few times tried to play from menu(w/o success) and after it doesn't even showing up anymore, straight to movie, isn't asking a choice either.